More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by nimt nimt

Who were there?

The regional manager and the second captain of the ship

The managerial office was pretty spacious, there is a couch for manager’s guest. The manager was a young lady approximately in her late twenties. There is also an older man in her late forties probably.

“Hi there, I’m Hallie, Regional manager for Pacific Star Cruise. We’ve been expecting you. The last time we put up an open notice for an internship, we had an obnoxious girl that we had to stop her from doing any work and gave her an F grade. Our expectation wasn’t high, as long as you do your daily task, we are more than willing to give you a minimum of B+. The gentleman on my right is Captain Ethan, second captain of the ship Aquila. Your weekly tasking will be assigned by him. Ethan, you want to take over from here?”

“Yeah. You are Alex I supposed. Take 1 minute to process the information that Hallie said and take 3 minutes to introduce yourself, I want to know your everything, expectation, hobbies, girlfriend.” Captain Ethan ordered.

You took a deep breath and without waiting for a minute, you began. “I am Alex, currently a student at Saint Margaret High School. I’m here for my compulsory 6 months internship. I was hoping for a relaxing desk-bound job but obviously, that would be a deal that’s too good to be true. I’m hoping to contribute in any ways I can to help the operation of Aquila. My interest is playing computer games like League of Legends and DotA. I also enjoy surfing, and once in a while sailing. I don’t have any girlfriend and I think that’s it.”

“Saint Margaret High School, interesting… I heard that school is not a typical school and it doesn’t adhere to social norms, is that true?”

“Yes, the school thinks that academic education isn’t everything, and apart from academic classes, we also learn a little of everything like cooking, basic mechanical works, basic electrical work, first aid, computer classes and survival skills.”

“Great, aboard this ship, we have 4 main departments. They are namely engineering, safety, operations, and security. You’ll be working under operations and rotating between the sub-departments in operations. Come with me, the ship is sailing off in another 30 minutes, let's get you to settle down.”

You followed Captain Ethan and board the ship. On the way, Captain Ethan gave you various tips on the operations of the ship, he briefly mentioned that he was in operations for 18 years, which he took on the role of operation chief then security chief briefly before becoming second captain which is also the second overall in charge of the ship.

He brought you to the staff quarters, a level where all staff sleeps. 4 to a room.

How was the staff quarters?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)