More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Afg557 Afg557

Who makes a first move against you? Or maybe you take action first?

The peasant revolution

Your day is suddenly interrupted. Thanos Dimitrios, the head of your personal guard, is announced to your presence by a courtesan. He wants to talk to you immediately, which normally would just be his overcautious nature interfering in his opinion, but in these dangerous times you have to be very careful, so you order him to come in.

"My queen, I bring matters of severe importance! The peasantry is refusing to pay taxes and are violently resisting the work of the royal soldiers. Their leader demands to speak to you immediately to demand changes in the kingdom." He says

"This is ridiculous! How dare they? I have no obligation to obey anyone, let alone these dirty peasants! You assured me the peasants were under control and their movement against nobility was worthless!" You answer, angry at Thanos.

"My queen, every year we fight unruly peasants and collect the tax. I would not come to you if this was a normal situation. However, the peasantry is now armed and greatly outnumbers us. They are resolute and to win we will have to kill many of them and lose lots of our good men. IF we win. For the first time, and this is why I come to you, my queen, there is a real chance they will defeat us, and in this case the consequences would be unpredictable."

What do you want to do? Tell your soldiers to fight the peasants and risk everything, or give in to their demands?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)