More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by amon_Baal amon_Baal

Where does the General send them?

The mountains

“Qiao,” the General began, “you and your friends are going to the mountains. “This is scouting only. Only engage if you must. Take this sending stone. My advisors will have the other. When you know what they are up to, report, and we will advise of the next action.”

Qiao nodded and took the offered stone. About as round as a duck egg, it was covered in finely inscribed filigree. She then gathered her little group.

Outside the command tent, she started, “Get what you need. We leave within the hour. Himo,” she turned to the elf. “It’s cold up there, and you will need something warmer, get cloaks for us all while you are there.”

Himo shook her head, “I will be fine Qiao. You needn’t worry about me.”

Qiao and Himo had travelled together for a while now, and Qiao was constantly amazed by her ability to resist the natural elements. Cold rain or a little snow hardly phased her, but the thought of heading into the mountains, amongst the permafrosts and glaciers, she did not understand how the monk would be fine.

“Alright, Marlak, food and spirits. Nemia, torches and firewood, we are unlikely to find much to burn once we get higher in the mountain. I will find maps. Meet back here as soon as you are ready, and we will head out.”

Less than an hour had passed when the group regathered. “The Spine of the World is quite inhospitable, and it’s going to be a struggle. Let’s move quickly and hope we don’t need to find supplies up there.” As they packed their horses, she told them, “I’ve been told there is a path that horses can traverse here.” She held the map against the saddle, “A couple of miles west of Ravenrock. We get up into the mountains and head east, trying to find signs of the undead army.”

Everyone nodded, “We will be riding hard to get there,” she said, “long days in the saddle, short nights in our bedrolls. Everyone agreed?”

The group nodded again and quickly rode out of Blackford’s crossing and headed north.

_If you want to support me and see me write more, please visit http://patreon.com/Dearborne_Erotic_Literature_

Do they get to the pass without issue?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)