More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Shinxx Shinxx

Haruki's adventure continued...

The entrance exam. (MAIN ROUTE)

Haruki cleaned the entire square by himself. Electric malfunctions were heard as he sliced open a ton of the robots, but he didn't look back. An explosion could be heard in the distance. He just assumed it was someone's quirk, and kept running.

A robot with a large 3 on its side jumped in front of him. He didn't hesitate. His entire athletic body lifted off the ground. With a fancy tumble, he avoided the attack of the Villain Bot and landed on top of it. His nails jammed into the top before he jumped back down. Another powerful slash, another addition to his point total. He was catching up, without a doubt.

He landed back on his feet. His long pink hair waved in the wind as he kept moving. His intense dark brown eyes stared ahead, looking for the next target.

Clearly, he trained hard and long for this moment. Tons of young people were competing in the entrance exam, but only 40 of them would be allowed entry into the most prestigious college in the country.

Thirty-seven points.

Suddenly, there was another large explosion. It was overwhelmingly loud, and too close to ignore. Haruki turned around and froze in place. A large robot came from around the corner. It wasn't just big, it was massive. As tall as some of the replicated buildings. Its large fists were swinging down at the candidates of the exam, destroying everything around it.

Of course, Haruki remembered Present Mic's speech. They were to ignore the robot, but then he noticed the young brunette. She had tripped over when everyone ran away, and looked utterly terrified. The largest Villain Bot -- worth 0 points -- was quickly approaching her.

Nobody reacted. There were a few people looking back at that girl, but most just continued running. They were told to ignore that robot, and they wanted to focus on scoring more points. Haruki was conflicted. There was no way he could stop that robot, even if he wanted to. Then again, the girl would get injured if nobody stepped up.

Before he made up his mind, someone else moved. The figure of a boy could be seen. He jumped head-first at the Arena Trap Robot, even though it was not worth any points. Haruki noticed him before. That boy looked completely out of place but there he was. Sacrificing his own time and points for a girl he probably didn't even know. There were green sparks coming from his body as he launched at that robot. His fist swung backwards.

"SMAAAAAASH!"

Everyone on the ground could hear his shrieking voice. It sounded intense and very determined. His fist pounded into the Villain Bot. There was so much power in that single punch, and the entire robot started crumbling. With just one attack, that kid managed to bring down the biggest robot of them all.

Haruki felt sorry. Such a grand and impressive display, for zero points.


He did save that girl. Haruki couldn't believe it. He started running in the direction of the incident as the boy fell from the sky. He was going to catch him. He didn't want to make the same mistake -- the mistake of doing nothing -- twice.

He didn't get there in time, but the brunette did. Her quirk could make things float, and she used it on herself. Then, she smacked her savior across the cheek. Bit rude, but efficient as both of them lowered slowly. She landed on her plush butt, he fell completely on his back.

"Are you okay?" She immediately started crawling over towards that boy. Her body leaned over him. A pervert would've stared at her ass, raised up high. Looking into his eyes, she caressed his cheek for a moment. It didn't feel right that she had to slap him, but it was the least of his worries. His limbs were broken. He was exhausted. That incredible amount of power really did a number on him.

Rubble was still falling down. And a large piece of rubble was heading straight for the pair.

Haruki jumped above them. He only had to jump a few metres so it was nothing compared to the other boy's rescue action, but it was something. With his hardened nails, he smashed through the rubble. The two impressive strangers on the ground felt some dust landing on them, but that was it.

And right then, the horn blew. The entrance exam was over.


Everyone went quiet. In the distance, there was a fire spreading. Many Villain Bots were destroyed, but that gigantic robot left the greatest mark. Buildings were ruined and the streets were completely blocked by the rubble. If this was a real situation, the damage would've been beyond repairing. Luckily, it was just a simulation set up for the candidates, to see who was good enough for the most prestigious college of the country. Possibly of the world.

"Injured candidates, stay in place. Everyone else, please go home!"

Present Mic's announcement was clear. Haruki took a deep breath as he headed for the exit. As he looked over his shoulder, he could see Recovery Girl. He realized those people were in good hands. This was still U.A.C after all. They were going to be just fine.

He needed to worry about himself. He had destroyed a lot of Villain Bots, but he wasn't sure if it was enough. All he could do was wait.


Only two weeks later, a video message from Principal Nezu arrived. He was an interesting person. A rare case of an animal that developed a quirk, therefor becoming smarter than most humans. The Principal explained how Haruki passed the entrance exam. His last action of destroying the rubble helped.

He was pretty much on the bottom of the 40 best candidates, so he had a lot of work to do... but he got in.

A few more weeks went by, and Haruki's new life started.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)