More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by protoborg protoborg

Which world does the Stones land in? Who gets them?

The World of Yin-Yang

Since, like every item of power, there is always something to balance the power, the moment the Infinity gauntlet was created, the Finite Gauntlet was formed in its own reality. The reality of balance and unity was a place where all forces are balanced. That's not to say that there were no focused areas. The universe was just balanced in the general sense. This universe was a zero sum universe. Life in the Yin-Yang universe was for all intents-and-purposes peaceful. There was the occasional conflict, but as a whole it was peaceful. The inhabitants of this universe made their own divergences. Had they not, they would have most likely gone out of their minds with utter boredom. After all, there were no fluctuations in their own universe to entertain them. It was this pursuit which lead them to discover the multiverse. The discovery of the multiverse not only provided endless enjoyment, it also showed them what true lack of balance could look like.

One enterprising scientist realized this was a chance to spread the balance his own universe had achieved. It was this idea which led to the discovery of the Finite Stones. Each stone was the counter to one of the Infinity Stones. Strangely, though, the Finite Stones came in SEVEN colors; red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. Indigo and Violet had the power to counter the Purple Infinity stone, but only when working together. Separately, they could only stop the purple stone's power, not reverse it.

Finite Stones
Blue - Restore Mind
The blue Finite stone is able to restore a person's mind to their body. The stone also is able to undo any changes which have been made to that mind. While capable, on some minor level, of controlling a mind, the blue stone cannot retain control of another beings mind without their consent.

Green - Restore Soul
The green Finite stone is able to restore any soul which has been absorbed by the Infinity stone. Whether the soul is good or evil is entirely irrelevant. What is pertinent is that the soul is restored to its rightful place. Once restored to its home, the soul is temporarily protected from further tampering.

Red - Remove Power

This stone removes whatever power has been captured by the red Infinity stone. The red Finite stone also negates any control the Infinity stone has at the time. The red Finite stone is the only thing in the entire multiverse capable of regulating the other six Finite stones, much like the red Infinity stone controls the other five Infinity stones.

Indigo/Violet - Lock Space/Reset Space
When the indigo stone is used alone, it grants the ability to lock an area of space in its current state. When the violet stone is used alone it can do the same. When they are used together, the universe can be restored to its state prior to the alterations made by the Infinity stone.

Orange - Reset Time
This allows the timeline of a universe to be reset to before the alterations made by the red Infinity stone. It can be thought of as a saved state for reality.

Yellow - Restore Reality
This stone restores a reality to its original parameters as they were before the yellow Infinity Stone was used to alter it. This is the most important stone for the restoration of balance. It is also the most precarious power granted by the Finite stones as it is hard to restore a reality without causing other imbalances to the universe. Since this power is so sensitive to other distortions, it is best utilized only with the red Finite stone.

The ultimate result of the existence of the Finite Stones is that they are able to obliterate the Infinity Stones when the two come in direct contact with each other.

Who gets the first crack at the Finite Stones?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)