More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by D!$N3Y D!$N3Y

Who gets the Wonder Infinity Stones?

The Wondrous World of the Hunchback of Notre Dame

Quasimodo, the Hunchback had always spent his 20-year life in the bell tower of Notre Dame Cathedral. He had none to call friends except three gargoyles, and of course the bells he rings, which made him very strong. One day, during the city's festival called the Feast of Fools, he took advice from his stone pals and snuck out to attend. Normally, Quasi hid away because he was afraid of how other people would see him. And because his master, Judge Claude Frollo forbade him to go, but Quasi just wanted 'one day out there'.

Well, at first, things seemed to be shaky in fear of someone catching him. But he quickly met Esmerelda, a gypsy, who was strangely kind to him by complimenting his 'mask'. After that, things went well until Clopin, leader of the Gypsies, announced the next King of Fools to be crowned. Esmerelda invited him up with nine others who volunteered. When the latter failed, and Quasi was last, Esmerelda quickly found out that he wasn't wearing a mask! And then everyone commented on his face, briefly, and identified him as the bell ringer, much to Frollo's surprise.

Clopin managed to turn their shocked expressions to ones of celebrating; Quasi was announced the new King of Fools. And he was enjoying his moment in the spotlight, even shedding a tear over how he thought people liked him. But sadly, it didn't last long enough, for one of Frollo's soldiers threw a tomato at him! And that quickly started a chain reaction: people laughing at the hunchback, throwing things at him and holding him down with ropes. After it was said and done, Esmerelda came to his aid, cleaning his face, apologizing for what happened, and freeing him to spite Frollo's orders.

After she challenged how he treats not only Quasi, but her people too, she was to be quickly arrested. She gave a very entertaining chase all around the fairground, just before... she disappeared! Frollo was none too pleased with all that has happened, and orders his Captain Phoebus to find her. He came to his misshapen responsibility and silently scolded at him, to get an apology from the chagrinned Quasi, who promised to 'never disobey (you) again...' The sad Hunchback went through a main door, closing it in despair on the outside world...

Some time after that, he saw a white box tied with a green bow. He picked it up, wiping a latent tear lingering in his eye, and untied the ribbon to open the box easily. Inside were 6 gemstones, each a different color of the rainbow. "My Lord..." Quasi breathed out. Growing up in the Cathedral, mainly the bell tower, he has always marveled the omniscience of the merciful God and his omnipotent powers. But he never would have imagined holding those very powers in his hands, and yet... he was.

What will Quasimodo do with them?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)