More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by wicker wicker

What Happens Next?

The Stern, Prudish Professor

Dr. Anna Clarence, 31-year-old PhD in English Literature with a specialty for 19th century American literature had just bought a ring at a thrift shop. It was small and silver with a red garnet stone. She then went to a coffee shop to get some reading done.

She raised her cup, sticking her pinky out, as she read.)

She took a sip and set the cup down.

Mitch Granger, one of her students sat down opposite her, and she glared at him. "This is not my office, and these are not my office hours, young man."

Young man, thought Mitch, you're barely older than I am I'm guessing. "I'm sorry Dr. Clarence, but I want to discuss the grade I got on my last test."

"Office hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8 am to 9:30 am." She looked back down at her book.

"Talk to me about my grade." Mitch said it in a pleading voice, but it was still declarative.

She looked up. "What about it?" she was not sure why she was giving in to him.

"Some of the things on the test were not on the study guide."

"It's a study guide; not a practice test."

"Yes, but you told us to know the study guide for the test."

"Was I wrong?"

"No, but...."

"But nothing. Please leave me alone now."

Mitch was growing frustrated. "Let me retake it."

Before she knew what she was saying, Anna said, "OK."

"Really?"

"I said 'OK.' Was I _not _clear enough."

"Ok, so will it be the same test?"

"No."

"Tell me exactly what will be on it."

Anna then told Mitch exactly what she would put on the test. She still was not sure why she was being so compliant.

"Thank you, Professor. You're being so helpful."

"Don't get used to it."

"Oh come on," said Mitch. "Buy me a coffee."

Before she knew it, Anna summoned the waitress over.

does Mitch figure things out?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)