More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by RicoLouis RicoLouis

Follow the Shopkeeper or The Widow?

The Shop Keeper & Assistant

John began to go through the briefcase. He noticed the lock had been broken. Probably by the bum he thought. He might be able to fix it. He found some interesting stuff though he would probably just brake even as far as money went since some of the stuff was pretty outdated. He was surprised to find however that all of it still worked. Hell it looked like it had been made yesterday. He found something’s he couldn’t sell. An old bottle of Tylenol, pictures of the hunter family and a decade old condom in the wallet, as well as a few other things. He pulled up the small trash can and began to through the stuff in the trash. Some of it was border line. An old bottle of expensive cologne though it still smelled great. A pair of reading glasses.

After he had separated the stuff he began to put the stuff out in his shop, it figured just as he was done his helper would show up.

“Hey boss man.” James said.

“Your late.” He said to the young man.

“Sorry. I got detention.” He said looking down.

“What you do this time?” John said. Truth be told he hadn’t liked James much at first, he thought he was just another punk kid. But the boy was smart. John himself had had his on rebellious stage during his hippie years. He had taken James on as a favor. James had been ordered to get a part time job by the court. After awhile John began to think of James as his adopted son.

“Wearing an inappropriate shirt.” He said with a smile. John just shook his head.

“Well since you’re here can you go in the back and see what else we can put out today.” He said. Friday’s was usually the day he put out stuff people had put on pawn but had not come back for.

“Sure.” James said.

“And take the trashcan with you.” John said.

“Okay.” James said.

“This is the stuff from the briefcase the bum brought in?” He said as he pulled the liner noticing the old brief case.

“Yea.” John said with the shake of his head still thinking about the woman.

“They didn’t want it?” he asked curiously.

“No. It belonged to a woman’s husband, apparently he was with another woman when he vanished into the triangle.” John said shaking his head. If he had a woman that looked like that he would be damned if he would cheat on them.

“Whoa. The Bermuda triangle?” James said. James was one of those who belived in magic and stuff. John just nodded he hadn't belived in stuff like that since he had stopped smoking pot.

“Well hop to boy.” John said pointing to the back room.

“Yes. Sir.” James said mock saluting him. Then James disappeared into the back. About that time the bell over the door rang as someone entered.

Who Do You Want To Follow. The Shop Keeper Or The Assistant?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)