More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by johndoe06 johndoe06

Where does the story start

The School Play

"Erica, you should sign up"

"Hum?" I came back to reality looking up

Alicia was pointing at the school bulletin board where there was a sign-up sheet

"The School Play!" she began reading from the board

"Calling all aspiring actors and behind-the-scenes stars!

We're excited to announce auditions for the school's upcoming Rome and Juliet play. Whether you love acting, singing, dancing, or working backstage, there's a place for you in our production. Roles available for actors of all experience levels! No previous acting experience necessary. Join us for this incredible opportunity to showcase your talent and make new friends. We can't wait to see you at auditions! Sign up on this sheet. Break a leg, and let's make this a play to remember!"

"Alicia but look at the audition dates, it's today"

"Right now to me more precise. That's why we're here"

I look around and realize the theater class door was right next to the board.

"Oh..."

"Great! It's settled then" Alicia said excited, dragging me by the hand into the theater class.

Inside there was a line with a few students auditioning. Mrs. Chariot was sitting at a table with her assistant, another student. They were taking notes of the people auditioning. I waited with Alicia for my turn. When we were up Alicia put me forward.

"Hello Erica, good to see you auditioning, it's good to try to come out of your comfort zone sometimes" Mrs. Chariot said, with a pity smile.

Her assistant was Bobby a clear 'theater kid', he spoke "So, what are you auditioning for, Erica?"

"oh... I... I haven't actually read Romeo and Juliet..." I said rubbing my elbow.

He just rolled his eyes "What can you do, can you act? Sing? Dance? Anything"

I was starting to blush "I... I don't know..."

He rolled his eyes harder if that was even possible. He looked at Mrs. Chariot throwing his shoulders but she said "Can you scream?"

"I think so..."

"Give me a scream, a big one, from the top of your lungs" she said looking hopeful.

I took a deep breath but the only thing that came out was the most out-of-tune pathetic excuse for a cry "aaAaaaAaaaaaaaaAaaaaaa..." until Alicia gave my foot a big stomp "...aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOUCH ALICIA!!!"

Everyone started laughing, even Mrs. Chariot was trying to hide her giggle while I rubbed my foot with my hands.

"Good job Erica, and nice assist Alicia" Mrs. Chariot said giggling, she turned to Bobby "Alright Bobby, write her up, she got the part"

I waited outside for Alicia to finished auditioning and when she came out I was still rubbing my sore foot.

"Ouch alicia, that stomp really hurt..." I pouted.

"Boo hoo, you got the part didn't you?" she laughed "Now us and the girls have a excuse to hang out everyday after class!"

"The girls?"

"Yeah, did I forget to tell you? Carrie and Lisa are also in the play" she giggle as she skipped away

What happens next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)