More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Control Freak Control Freak

Which gem do you choose?

The Sapphire of the Mind

Even though you know with absolute certainty Mr. Light wasn't lying about anything he said, you have a very strong suspicion that he isn't telling you everything. Still, you weren't going to let the opportunity of a lifetime slip you by. Making your decision, you pick up the sapphire amulet and drape it around your neck.

"Ah, excellent choice," Mr. Light said with a smile as he takes the other amulet and tucks it back under the table, "With the Sapphire of the Mind, the minds of others will be yours to mold as you see fit."

"How do I activate it?" you ask him.

"You just speak your changes aloud with intent and a target in mind, and presto!" he replied, "Don't worry about your target hearing you either: the Sapphire will take care of that. Just remember to have some subtlety: just because people can't hear you making the changes or see the Sapphire while you wear it doesn't mean they can't figure out you're the one behind the changes if you aren't careful. Though even if they do, I'm sure you can use the Sapphire's power to cover your tracks again easily enough."

"Well, how specific do I have to be?" you ask, "What if it gets stolen? Will I be able to-"

Mr. Light raises his hand to shush you and says, "Relax, relax, you're overthinking it. Look, I'll make sure you wake up with basic knowledge of how to use it properly. Everything else is best learned through experience."

The lights in the room quickly dim, then go out entirely, the white table and chairs being swallowed by inky blackness. Mr. Light is the only thing that still seems to be clearly visible despite no light source being present, and he stands up as his chair disappears.

"Well, our time together is coming to an end," he says to you, "I will be very interested to see how you decide to use your new gift. Have a nice life, Dylan."


You let out a groan and stretch under your covers, then groggily open your eyes. You wince at the sunlight streaming in through your window, waiting until your eyes adjust to the light before sitting up.

Ugh, what a crazy dream, you think to yourself, Creepy smiling guy, all white room, a sapphire that can control people's minds. Too bad I woke up before I could use it...

You suddenly realize that there is a weight hanging from your neck that wasn't there last night. Your eyes shoot fully open, and you look down to see the amulet you put on in your 'dream' resting on your chest.

"No way..." you say to yourself, lifting the Sapphire up to get a better look at it. As much as you couldn't believe it, the evidence was staring you in the face: you definitely didn't have this on last night, and it looked exactly like it did in your dream. Your mind was flooded with all sorts of ideas on how you could use it. It feels impossible to decide what you want to do first.

You take a deep breath to compose yourself. There will be plenty of time to do anything and everything you want to with the Sapphire. First thing's first: you need to try this thing and make sure it really has the power that Mr. Light claimed. The question is, who do you want to be your first test subject?

Who will you test the Sapphire's power on?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)