More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 47 by DangerSloth DangerSloth

What's next?

The Pressure of Peers

"Idius," said Padma, "what are you doing?" She was overreacting. I struggled to pour sugar into my cup of tea, as my hands shook. A small ring of sugar now surrounded the base of my cup.

"Just making some tea," I said, "the caffiene will help with the shaking." I was just as skilled in making tea as I was with potions. This cup would be delicious.

"But idius," said Padma. I raised the cup to my throat already smelling the Chai Spice. I took a sudden gulp, enjoying the warmth as it slid down my throat.

"that was salt you were pouring." That was obvious now. It was a little spicier than usual, but I was adaptive.

"Just like how mom makes it," I said. I finished the cup, under the stares of Cho Chang and Padma. Both girls seemed very interested in me today.

"Is he having his breakdown already," asked Cho Chang? No. I still had all year to breakdown. I just needed a spark. "He wasn't even staring at my ass at practice this morning,." I could see Padma's eyes widen.

"Rumors are already spreading about the first event," said Padma, "I'll ask around our house, but a lot of our own people think you and Potter really cheated." That was ridiculous. Everyone calls me a halfwit until something like this happens.

"I can't even cast a spell powerful enough to cheat the goblet," I said. Suddenly our other ally emerged onto a seat beside me.

"Nobody thinks you are the brains behind it," said Michael. They thought Potter was leading this? How ridiculous. I would never be Potter's lackey.

"I'll talk to Harry and Hermione," said Cho, "see if they know anything." She was the best to get information from them, but I needed to do the groundwork on my own. Cho Chang could use her influence better elsewhere.

"No," I said, "I know who I should talk to. I need you and Padma to talk to our house. find out what you can about the first task ." Cho Chang shook her head. I could see a little disappointment on her face. She likely wanted an excuse to speak to Hermione.

"I'll help you with negotiations," said Michael.

"Merlin no," said Padma, "we don't need another house war." Last year we took ourselves out of the house race pretty early. All because of a little disagreement between Michael and I, with the Hufflepuff house. It was a load of fun, but didn't help me in Dumbledore's eyes.

"I'll need you to just blend in for a bit," I said, "hear everything they won't tell Padma and Cho Chang." I stood, having at least a plan. For me the next step was clear. I had to talk to my allies. I took a deep breath. The others stood up too, all allies about to take action, for one cause. Nobody moved for a few seconds.

"He's waiting on us to move so he can stare at our asses," whispered Padma to Cho Chang. It was her intelligence that drew me to her.

"Oh right," said Michael. He turned with a flourish. Which resulted in the girls shaking their heads.

"Enjoy the view," said Padma. She put her arm around Cho Chang's waist, and they both walked away with my eyes following. Their wasn't much to be seen through the heavy clothing of Hogwarts, but I still enjoyed the view.

Off to which house?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)