More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Sleepy7 Sleepy7

Where are Zach and Addie?

The Old Tree Fort

Hank returned to the cabin with his bag from the car. He put his things away in the hallway closet for now. He decided to clean up a little after taking stock of the suitcases and bags in the living space and some clutter in the kitchen.

After washing and putting away the dishes, Hank grabbed Megan and the kids' luggage. He started up the stairs hoping there had been enough time for her to get dressed. She was still family after all and married at that.

Hank dropped off the kids' bags in the room with bunk beds. The room was decorated with old fashioned framed quilts and rustic wood furniture.

The master bedroom door was closed and Hank approached to knock. "Megan, I have your luggage," he said as he tapped softly at the door.

Hank heard footsteps creaking on the old cabin floor before the door opened a crack. "Thanks," Megan responded.

"I'll just leave it out here," Hank said.

"It's okay, I got it." Megan maneuvered behind the door as she opened it enough pull the suitcase in.

From behind Megan, Hank unintentionally observed Megan's shapely bare backside from the tall mirror on the wall. Why was she still naked he mused as he quickly turned away and headed down stairs.

Hank went to the back patio which overlooked the forest behind the cabin. He took a seat on a deck chair and tried to clear Megan's unclothed body out of his mind. Damn she had a nice ass.

Hank heard the back door open and Megan took a seat next him. Finally she was dressed. Megan was wearing a light blue sun dress with gray leggings and a white button down thermal underneath. The top buttons were open and considerable cleavage was visible including the edge of a black bra. Hank looked over and caught her rack on display and quickly looked up to meet her pale green eyes.

"So Hank," she started with a genuine friendly smile. "Are you still working at the same place? A contractor or something?"

"Yeah, uh, I took a leave of absence after, you know, Chloe. I just needed time," Hank explained.

Megan put her hand on Hanks leg and said, "oh I know, you poor thing."

"Well, yeah, so I decided to go out on my own. It was something Chloe always tried to push me into doing. I figured she would want me to get out there and follow my dream," Hank explained.

Megan's eyes welled up a little and she dabbed at the corner of her eyes. "She just brought out the best in everyone," Megan replied and innocently moved her hand a little closer to his thigh.

Hank, eager to change the subject, brought up, "so how are the kids doing? They must be 6 and 8 years old by now."

As if on cue Zach and Addie came bounding up the path from the forest with excited voices. "Mom, mom, mom!"

Megan stood up to meet them. "Hey kiddos! You have fun out there? You remember Hank? He is here at the cabin for a few days too!"

Zach and Addie both talked over each other, "Hey Hank! Guess what, we found the coolest old fort out in the woods!"

Megan laughed, "Really? There was an old fort old out there that Chloe and I used to play in as kids. I can't believe it's still standing."

Addie, an 8 year old with dark hair in a braid and denim overalls, explained excitedly, "yeah and we had the best time ever! There are bunches of books and we opened one and then we were in medieval times and there was a knight and a princess and a dragon!"

Zach, in shorts and a hoody spoke fast following his sister, "and and and we found treasure and met a wizard."

Megan chuckled again, "such imaginations! I remember having such..." she emphasized with air quotes, "'adventures' when I was a kid."

"No mom, it was real," they both insisted.

"Come on, let's get you kids something to eat and then ready for bed," she said using her affectionate mom voice. Megan smiled at Hank and said, "kids."

First night at the cabin

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)