More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by hypocriticalme hypocriticalme

What's next?

The New Sorority House

Delta Sigma Epsilon had just received a huge upgrade over their dinky little town house on campus. A realtor had gotten in contact with the head of their charter, to sell a large estate nearby, and their branch had gotten it for practically nothing. There was hardly any work needing to be done on the property at all, and it came fully furnished! The girls could not believe their luck. With one week left before the semester started, a group of the sisters had elected to go ahead and move into the property to make it home. The place seemed more like a castle than a house. Or maybe some sort of really fancy apartment high rise that was tucked away in the woods a mile or so from campus.

"So you're saying we got this whole place because of a poorly written will?" Diane asked her sorority sister as they approached the large front doors.

"Not poorly written, just...odd. At least from what I hear, I didn't have anything to do with the sale." Kelly replied as they pushed open the doors to enter the foyer.

Behind them, Lauren lugged her two big suitcases into the entrance and sat them down. She looked around in amazement at the size and furnishing of the mansion. And this was just the lobby! It struck her as an old Victorian hotel, complete with matching paintings and furniture. Though when she checked her phone, she found a WIFI signal, so she supposed it was not entirely old-fashioned.

The girls gathered together as Kelly spoke, their de facto leader in this endeavor for the moment. "Alright girls, follow me up to the bedrooms." She declared and made her way up one of the large curving staircases that flanked the room.

"Don't we get a tour first?" Lauren asked, she was itching to explore this place.

"I would, but I've only been in here once, and the realtor only showed me the bed rooms. Or at least the closest bedrooms. She said she was in a hurry or something, and didn't want to go around the entire property." Kelly replied over her shoulder as they all ascended the stairs.

That's odd. Lauren thought. Then again, maybe they had trouble selling the place until now because the realtor was just bad at her job.

She quickly forgot all of this when she chose her bedroom randomly from one of the many doors stretching down the long hallway. Larger than the living room in her old apartment, the space contained a large four poster bed, complete with drapes, several large dressers and bookshelves, a wide mirrored vanity, a plush velvet love seat, and several other very fine looking furnishings. Lauren couldn't believe this was all left behind for them, and by the excited chatter she could hear echoing down the hall, her sisters' rooms were in a similar state of decadency.

Throwing her bags to the side, she walked to the bed and let herself fall backwards onto the mattress sinking into the plush cushions with a sigh. This was ridiculous as well as incredible. She could not believe their luck!

Near the bookshelves, she suddenly heard a skittering sound that seemed to come from within the walls. She turned her head over to see the shelves, and the sound stopped. Mice. Oh well, there had to be something wrong with this place. Pulling herself up, she walked over to the bookshelves to investigate, and paused to check her reflection in the mirror. In a short black skirt and stockings, topped off with a loose long sleeved beige shirt, Lauren was quite the looker with her long brown curls.

Hearing a sudden shriek from the hall, Lauren forgot the bookshelf momentarily as she left to check on the source of the scream.


Unknown to her, hidden eyes watched her from the walls. A ripple of tension and excitement flowed throughout the estate. The balance had shifted, and things were about to get interesting.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)