More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by depravedDays depravedDays

Who are you?

The NTR Messiah

It’s just another morning at the Kim household and you find yourself staring at the crumbs on your empty plate once again while everyone else had only barely consumed a quarter of what’s on theirs.

As you watched the generic Asian-American family breakfast scenario play out before you, you can’t help but be bugged by the same question that had been gnawing at you for months.

Am I adopted? You thought quietly to yourself.

Honestly, you feel ridiculously stupid to have only started suspecting this two months ago. Now that you think about it, the signs could not have been more blatantly obvious. You glanced around the dining table at your happy, bubbly family. Excluding you, there were seven others and they all looked like they walked out of a Korean fashion catalogue or a Kpop music video.

You had to convince yourself that you weren’t crazy for suspecting that you didn’t belong. Quietly, you fished out your smartphone, opened the camera app, and switched to using the front camera to get a look at yourself.

Well, you aren’t bad looking or anything, but yeah, you definitely see it. There was no way you weren’t adopted. Absolutely no way!

You took a picture of yourself and opened it on your phone just to check for the umpteenth time that you weren’t crazy.

Yup. You’re definitely black.

“Oh happy birthday sweetie,” your Korean mom chimed sweetly from across the table. Her name was Jacqueline Kim and she looked like she could be a twin of the Korean fashion model, Park Da Hyun. There are distinct differences though. Mainly, she isn’t a fashion model, so she didn’t have that famished skinny look. But you’ve always thought that was a good thing. Instead she rocked the body of an elite yoga practitioner, with lean, toned, but luscious hourglass curves and an upside down heart-shaped ass that men would go to war and die in droves for.

“Oh, thanks mom, I totally forgot,” you replied.

“We’re definitely doing something tonight to celebrate, sweetie. How about we eat out?” Your mom asked.

“Errr, well, I don’t mind,” you said.

“I’m really sorry kiddo, but I can’t make it tonight,” your dad said.

Your dad was a tall, distinguished looking gentleman. He was handsome and powerfully built. You can’t think of a celebrity to pin his looks on, but he’s what you would call an asian Bruce Wayne.

Your dad is a CEO of a family company and was often quite busy. However he does try his best to make time for his family.

“That’s okay dad, it’s no big deal.” You replied with a smile.

You caught your mom give your dad an admonishing look and him replying with an apologetic one.

“I’ll make it up to you Sam,” your dad said, returning your smile.

“Thanks dad.”

“Tonight’s really bad for us as well,” Claire said.

On cue, your younger sisters Claire and Chloe gave you guilty looks.

The younger identical twins, Claire and Chloe had just turned 18 last month. They were the epitome of asian cuteness and looked fresh enough to be scouted by Kpop groups.

“Why don’t we just have Sam’s birthday combined with Alicia’s and mine next month?” Your brother, Alvin said.

“Oh yeah, that’s a really good idea,” Alicia chimed in.

Alvin and Alicia were the other twins in the family. They were fraternal twins and they will be turning 20 next month just as you turned 20 today.

Alarm bells went of in your head as you came to realize this other glaring fact. How can the middle twins and you be almost the same age while you’re not considered triplets? You’re definitely sure that you’re adopted now. But how the hell have you never noticed this before?

“I’m in favor of that as well,” said Jessica, your older sister and final sibling. Jessica is 22 years old this year. And you decided that you need not expound on how smokingly hot she is. It’s not like you need a stiffy under the table during breakfast with your family.

“Guys, guys, it’s fine,” you said with a chuckle. “I’m good with just well wishes.”

“Ugh, now I feel guilty,” Jessica said, smirking your way, “I’m gonna have to hook you up with one of my friends, lil bro.”

“Please don’t do that…” you groaned. Your big sister always love to tease you.

Jessica chuckled upon seeing your awkwardness.

Mum sighed. “Well okay, we’ll push the party to next month, but I am still taking Sam out tonight,” she said. “I’ll get my sisters to come with as well. Their husbands are away and I’m sure they could use some company.”

Inwardly you didn’t think it was such a bad idea. It would be the perfect time to finally clear up that damn adoption question with your mom and put the issue to rest.

What do you do for the rest of your 20th birthday until evening?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)