More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Devillierss Devillierss

Which tool?

The Mentality Pedestal

The Mentality Pedestal is a rather stationary device that takes the form of a large glass display case. It is about the size of a twin sized bed, and contains three slots, each designed to hold exactly one item. There is also a small chalkboard nameplate on the front.

The main purpose of this device is to transform the lives and personalities of whoever the user wishes. In order to do so, the user must first write the name of their desired target on the nameplate in chalk, as well as having a clear picture of the target in mind.

Next, they may place up to three items inside of the case. They may be any item as long as it’s able to fit within one slot. Each slot can hold about 2 cubic feet in volume (feel free to use any items you want.)

Upon placing an item inside of a slot and closing the case, the desired target will change in order to center their body and personality around the given item. The effects of the given items are not completely consistent, and may give varying results.

For example:

a) The name Jane Doe is written on the name plate, and a soccer ball is placed in a slot. This will change the personality of Jane into that of a sporty, soccer playing tomboy. Her physical appearance will also change to make her more athletic. Her clothing and general surroundings such as her home may also change to fit a life of someone obsessed with soccer.

b) A gallon of dairy milk is placed in a slot. Upon closing the case, Janes chest will inflate in size, making her chest increasingly sensitive, and she will also begin to lactate. This has different effects depending on the exact qualities of the item. For instance, soy milk could turn her into a tofu loving hippie.

c) A picture of the Eiffel Tower is placed inside a slot. Upon closing the case, Jane will turn into a *very* stereotypical depiction of a French woman. Most likely making her smoke, grow a fascination with cheese and wine, wear striped black and white clothes and a beret, and give her a distinct accent.

Combining different items may give completely different effects. You may have up to three items in the case at once. All other items that can fit the frame may be used, but the exact changes have not yet been discovered, Hopefully an intrigued individual may be willing to give this device a try. Hopefully you have a nice walk in closet to hide it in. Else, it won’t take long to be discovered.

(Please try to have as much fun as you want with this!)

What curious soul gets the display case, and how is it obtained?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)