More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by vinaren vinaren

What world would you choose?

The Matrix

Author's note: Sorry for the long pause. Anytime I try to write, some works pop up and distract me.

This branch is set after the event of The Matrix Revolutions.


You opened up your eyes and saw you're standing a white room. A negro old man with grey hair was sitting in front of you.

"Please sit down, Mr. Neo."

"You are...?"

"I'm Deus Ex Machina, the leader of the Machines."

You sat on the sofa and asked: "How can I still be alive?"

"Technically, you are not. Your body was destroyed, but your mind was preserved. I won't say 'a miracle', but the probability, according to my calculations, is less than one-on-trillion. I'm as surprised as you're."

"You mean I'm a ghost."

"More exactly, a data remnant of the man who is once known as Neo."

"We're in The Matrix? But how? I don't have a body anymore."

"My theory is that when you've been taken over by Agent Smith, some of his code has mixed into yours. You are existing as an Agent program."

"It means you can delete me any time you want. Why am I still here?"

"I have a task for you. Of course, this is also a reward."


Note: I just create my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/LaPhong, in which I'll post some works that I didn't public here. Please pay a visit to it.

What deal does Deus Ex Machina offer?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)