More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by mally01 mally01

Coronation.Which path awaits.

The Kingdom.

Queen Arerto walked along the aisle of the church away from the priestess who had just sworn her in as the new Queen. She was followed by her sisters's the Princess Chasin and Princess Karleen. The aisle was lined with the warriors that as General Arerto had commanded. They all gave her a salute as she passed out of the church and strode to her black stallion who she had named Huron. She mounted Huron and gently kicked his flanks and took the lead ahead of the cavalry commaded by general Cassadra. Just behind the Cavalry came General Jasmine leading the foot troops. Finally came General Freya, Admiral Katherine and General Killiane.All the while Queen Arerto was thinking about her future kingdom. It was all hers in theory but she was smart enough to know that it was the people's kingdom and she had just been lent it. Her mother had ruled more with an iron hand and Arerto was determined not to be her mother. I will be kind but firm," she vowed.Queen Arerto turned to see her younger sister, Princess Karleen, on her white steed. Her golden hair flew in the wind.

Arerto had always been close to her sisters but more so with Karleen. They eventually arrived back at the palace and headed inside for the banquet. After the banquet they all headed their seperate ways to their chambers. This was Arerto's first night sleeping in the Queen's chamber offically. She had slept here before when she was a child but now she was a Queen. Her maids Bella and Selena made sure she was comfortable then left the Queen to sleep.Arerto woke the next morning and sat at her table while Bella and Selena brought in breakfast. She ate her eggs and ham along with some water. Bella was busy getting out the Dress for Arerto while Selina prepared her bath. Queen Arerto was a beautiful woman. She stood at the height of most women and had a perfect figure. Her skin was a perfect tanned. She finished breakfast then headed to the bath eyeing the simple red and black dress on the bed. She knew that this morning would be business.

I need to sign some papers and make some decisions. Then I will meet with the General and discuss any threats to the realm.Arerto had her hot bath then did her simple makeup and got dressed. When she was ready she headed to the room set aside for work. She was followed by her two warrior escorts from her chambers. They arrived at a guard door which was opened for Arerto. "Good morning Your Majesty," said the guard. "I hope you slept well.""I slept well thank you." she said as she entered the room. As she entered the doors shut behind and she was alone with General Freya the head of the armed forces.Arerto took her seat across from General Freya and smiled" Good morning Freya what business do we have today?" She looked down at the manila folder in her hands and opened it. "I have some papers for you to sign my Queen." General Freya watched as Arerto read the documents " I see general that you propose an increase in the military strength from ten thousand to fifteen thousand troops?" Yes my Queen".

It is my intention to strengthen the kingdom and its defenses. I feel that this is necessary in light of the wars that have broken out across near our borders. What good is a kingdom if it cannot protect its people? Just then Admiral Katherine joined the meeting and apologised for her lateness."I have heard your argument and I agree with you. It is my intention to make this kingdom strong again."said Arerto"Thank you my Queen." replied Freya and watched as the document was signed. Now that is done, what about the other matters that I have brought to your attention?" she asked. "Have you made a decision on the ambassador to Galtion?"Arerto looked at Freya "Yes i have i have selected my sister Chasin she will the ambassador and she will have General Killiane as her military advisor.""Admiral what can i do for you" "Well your majesty in light of the increase in army size we will need more transports ships to carry them. With this we will need more escort ships. I would say three transports and six escort ships" Arerto looked again at the documents then nodded her approval.

"One thing ladies make sure that everyone knows this is for defence only" "Any questions?""No my Queen. I think that is all that we need to know for now." "Good day my Queen.""Good day General."Arerto watched as her two senior military aides left and in walked Lady Cheyna. Lady Cheyna was the kingdoms treasurer and she would have to find the funds for the increased military. "Good morning your Majesty""Good morning Lady Cheyna" She pointd to the seat. ""Lady Cheyna i have agreed to increase the militray budget and we need to find an extra twnety five thousand gold any ideas?" I have some ideas my Queen.""Tell me my lady.""Well your majesty we could increase taxes but that would hurt the people so not advisable. We can rent some land to the merchants and finally we could increase the gold output of our mines."" Well Lady Cheyna make use of the second and third ideas but no increase in taxes unless really needed" With that Lady Cheyna left and Arerto returned to her chambers to rest before the afternoon meetings.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)