More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

Chapter 2: The Hidden Enemy

The Hidden Enemy

Chapter 2

The Hidden Enemy:

Entering the Machine Factory Dr. Elena and Dr. Samuel is greeted by Security Officer Jeff Knight and Chief Security Officer Alfredo Santos they were former US marines that served two tours in Germany after their terms were over they were soon hired by Genesis Nanotech Industries, the duo handed their ID cards for the Guards to inspect they were then given a body search, after a few moments of searching they were allowed to continue.

The Machine Factory was filled with several expansive computers on the walls on the right were several prototype power armored units creating using the nanobots each having the ability to shift between a solid suit and a liquid mass due to to the AI currently being in Status mode, the armor was in its liquid form. On the left side of the Factory was the nanobot assembler a conveyor belt covered in hundreds of tiny arms created the nanobots above them scrap metals are poured down so the arms can graft them into nanobots, the conveyor belt moves to the back of the room and are given their battery and circuitry until the belt curves sending the completed nanobots to the center of the room to receive their programming from the central AI a plastic sphere in the room filled with silver silent swirling inside the sphere.

The rest of the scientists were here Dr. Bridget Morrison, Intern Amy Patterson, and finally Dr. Semyon Roma they were all standing above the mainframe the screen filled with different codes each trying to find the root cause of the glitches and bugs that were plaguing the main AI.

“Ah good morning Dr. Elena and Dr. Samuel I see from your expressions our boss hasn’t relented to our demands of outside help, the man is certainly paranoid don’t you think? I also got his Email if he wanted his project done by the end of the month he would allow us to get more help he knows we’re understaffed working two massive projects and he expects a miracle from us?” Dr. Semyon Roma scoffed he shook his head in disapproval before he looked back them and handed them a folder taking it from him Elena began to skim it, it was a progress report on the AI and from what it read things were getting worse much worse the AI had locked itself and was no longer receiving any commands from them except from one source the file read as follows.

(At 0800 with the AI in staus Dr. Semyon Roma, Dr. Bridget Morrison, and Engineer Zinoviy Motya have begun test 4 of the new antibug software but as they began the test an error message popped up causing the software to crash, for 4 hours the team attempted to reboot the program but to no avail it was then when the main AI shut down and since then the team have not been able to regain contact with the AI except for a few brief times listed at 4:55 PM, 6:09 PM, and finally 8:56 PM last night.)

“Damn it why weren’t we told this last night me and Samuel would've come and…” But she was interrupted by Bridget.

“We know we should have called we would have 2 extra pairs of hands working on it but Assistant Director Albert T Finn decided to wait till the next day as he and his security team, looked around for clues of any spy activities...” She whispered to them.

“So you're telling me we still don’t know who the last two spies are and how they managed to infiltrate us? As well as who they work for?” Asked Samuel Bridget shrugged her shoulders at him. “ So we’re up a creek without a paddle aren’t we?” She nodded her head in approval he sighed.

“Alright guys we got work to do Samuel and Bridget I need you two to head to the server room maybe if we can restart some of the drives we might be able to reset some of the commands we gave to it, in the meantime me and the others are going to continue to work to see if we can reestablish control over the AI.” And with a clap, Dr. Semyon Roma and others went about their duties with them distracted looking over the code one of their members decided to head towards on of computers plugging in a USB device into the computer the person was able to download a new program to the main AI using a backdoor he created a few months back he was hired by a certain Asiatic country to steal the AI for them to develop their own version of the Indoctrination nanotech, it was difficult to do it under their noses but it was done a new program was added to the AI making it appear to be glitching, but it was actually being rewritten to allow it to be better accessed and controlled but even the scientist had to admit that some of the glitches were rather odd but it didn’t matter with his partners captured it would be a matter of time before they revealed their secrets he had to work fast…

Returning to the group unnoticed they hadn’t looked up from the screen taking his place amongst them he quickly went back to work the rest unsuspecting of his actions so far, entering the server room Samuel and Bridget went to Server #5 and #7 the duo opened the metal grated door behind it were many lights and buttons as well as a screen the help monitor the heat/power levels and many other functions of the AI mainframe and the computer systems, the two began to access the computer to begin the restart program.

“So how long do you think before the 2 little spies spill the beans on why they were here and who they are working for?” Bridget asked there was barely any emotion in her voice, he gulped he tried not to think about it the nanobots Richard was using to extract the information as not only illegal but completely unethical as well, the bots Richards were using were prototypes not meant to be used on real human beings and if not carefully monitored could easily kill the person they’re trying to extract the information out of.

“I’m not sure Bridget but I rather not think about it I don’t approve of what Richards is doing what the prototype nanobots are doing to their minds, it’s disturbing it might cripple them for life…” He said he could hear her snort to his response looking up from the screen he looked at her in confusion.

“Just because their prototypes doesn’t mean they can’t get their job done Samuel remember I was the one who worked on them and even though they’re not that advanced they can still get the job done, even if it might be a bit messy we’ll still be able to gather information we need…” She said her voice was calm and cold.

“And what if they don’t what if instead, it kills them? Or even worse it turns them into vegetables then we won’t be able to get anything from them, what am I saying why didn’t we turn them into the authorities? Don’t you see what we’re doing is illegal? I understand you're angry but it’s not your fault Clint lied to you and used you, how could you have known he was a spy?” She slammed the gated door he looked at her even though he couldn’t see her face he knew she was upset she silently left the room looking back at his computer he wondered why was he still working here is it because Elena was still here? He sighed and went back to work on restarting the server.

Chapter 3: Sentient AI?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)