More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by LucreArghena LucreArghena

Which Story Will You Follow?

The Guard

Delz was watching His Highness train against three members of the garrison. As strong as the Omega Prince was, he wasn't often pushed too far due to his standing. Any wrong swings could leave him without the ability to have children, which is why Delz refused to train with him. The young alpha never wanted to see the Prince harmed and wished he could cherish the Prince's victories with him instead. He quickly left the training hall to continue his patrol, but he could feel someone's eyes burning at the back of his neck.

Valn took down the garrison members quickly today. He had a lot on his mind when it came to the negotiations between Valgroth and Gulres. The two nations had been at peace for 300 years and yet the Princes laid claim that his being an Omega would doom his reign and their treaty. Now he needed to find a marriage partner and way to seal the new treaty with a marriage between one of his sisters and either a Prince or Princess of Gulres. Sighing, Prince Valn thought back to his conversation in the throne room with his mother and the messenger.

"This is my son, Prince Valn, and heir to his father's throne. If your Prince's wish to negotiate the terms of a new treaty, they will have to speak with him." Standing now between his mother and the messenger, Valn could see the weapon the messenger attempted to hide and kept his expression neutral.

"Very well, Your Majesty," the messenger turned towards the Prince. "My message is for you then. My Princes feel it is time to renegotiate the treaty between our people. With the King being sick they fear the kingdom of Valgroth will not remain as peaceful with us as they once were. They believe that an Omega on the throne would lead your kingdom into a time of disorder and wish to remedy this before it becomes a reality."

Holding a hand to stop his mother from speaking, as he knew she was offended by his words, the Prince smiled softly. "I fear my reign as king as well, but not for the same reasons. I believe my father was a great king and I fear I will not live up to his legacy. This does not mean I will allow this country to fall into disarray, however. Quite the contrary as this fear is what will push me to do my best to exceed the expectations put on me."

"Even so," the messenger was not prepared for the open confession and looked confused, even worried, "my Princes would like to be...reassured that nothing will negatively impact our kingdom during these transient times."

"Oh, that is quite alright. I didn't reveal that fear to negate the fact that we should discuss a new treaty. I fully support the idea, but because I have this fear of inferiority I'm afraid I will need a correspondence from the Princes of Gulres before I know what it is I'll need to renegotiate with them. If they have a particular field of concern I would like to address that with them before continuing our discourse."

The messenger shifted and concern laced his features. Prince Valn smiled at him.

"Do they already have terms they would like to negotiate? If so I would like to hear them now," that seemed to be the right thing to say as the messenger calmed down and swallowed thickly.

"Er, yes, Your Highness. The Princes believe that in order to enforce this new treaty a marriage between the two kingdoms would be best."

"Understandable, treaties are not often renegotiated after three hundred years of peace. In order to cement the treaty they would need to discuss a deal that ensured the peace is long lasting and a union of two nations would do just that. Correct, Mother?"

"...Yes, though I would like to know whom it is the Princes are looking to marry." The Queen had sworn none of her children would ever be used as bargaining chips in treaties and enforcing peace. Though she left the matter in her son's hands and believes that he knows what he is doing. She just hopes that things will work out for her children.

Before the messenger spoke the Prince did, "Actually, I would like to meet the Princes and even the Princess before we discuss who is being married. I don't want a petty squabble between the newly wed couple to lead to a war of our people. I'd much rather meet with the royal family in person and follow-up with them then." Turning to the messenger he kept his lips from curling into a smirk though something dark shone through his eyes, "You would be willing to tell the royal family that due to my father's health I would not be able to leave the kingdom for negotiations, would you not?"

Eyes wide and darting between Prince and Queen, the messenger realized the decision was made for him. "I shall let them know."

He wishes this was a lot simpler than he made it seem. That he could discuss the treaty at length and not have to marry off one of his sisters or even his brother. Sighing again the Prince makes his way to the armory to put up his weapon and armor.

Who Does He Talk To?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)