More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Comcast Comcast

Where to For John?

The Grocery Store

John was feeling a little hungry and figured he would stop by his local supermarket to pick up some snacks. When he arrived he proceeded to grab a cart and go down his favorite isles. He went to the chips isle first. he grabbed some potato chips and some bbq chips. He then went to the soda isle and picked some cola off the shelf. Finally he grabbed some beef jerky and proceeded to the front to checkout. The cashier was a tall lengthy man he had manager typed onto his name badge. The manager made idle conversation. "How are you doing today sir? Is there anything else we could get for you?" John was paying and figured he would crack a joke while he was at it. "Yeah, a $1,000 dollars would be great my rent is due to my parents and I need some extra spending money." The man behind the check-stand just nodded his head. John was a little upset he didn't get at least a chuckle.

John's card went through and the bagger handed him his bag he had just stepped away when the manager ran up to him. "Sir, you almost forgot this!" the manager said. John had figured that the bagger had simply forgot to bag his beef jerky or something and he turned around. To his surprise the manager was holding out a stack of $100 bills. "You can't forget your $1,000 you said you needed it." The manager looked eager to have John take it. John just stood there in shock he had simply cracked a joke about needing a $1,000. And here this manager was just handing it to him after he had made a $20 purchase. "So, this is my money? For me to take and leave?" John said questioningly unsure of how to react. The manager just nodded his head and said "Yes, of course it is please take it. I don't have all day as I need to get back to work." John still could barely understand expecting the man to say something like it was just a prank or a joke. However, when John reached for the money the man just plopped it into John's hand and went back to his check stand.

John couldn't believe he was holding $1,000 he had just gotten for free. He decided he better bolt before the man changed his mind. John sprinted out the door and ran to the nearest ATM nearly dropping his bag of groceries. John put his card into the machine and put the stack of bills into the money counter. The machine took them all and asked him to confirm the deposit of $1,000. John immediately clicked confirm and watched as his balance of $48 turned to a balance of $1,048. John was beginning to think that it may not be a coincidence that the two previous times he said something to someone even as a joke they agreed. John took a moment and realized the wish he made earlier. "Oh my God! My wish must have come true! I need to test this." John was so excited and couldn't think of what to do next just knowing he wanted to test it.

John's Test or Tests

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)