More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by mizuryu mizuryu

To Sora's B-Day Bash! [plan explanation too]

The Gift that Keeps on Giving... no, not that one!

After Sora's party at home, they had all decided to stay overnight on their island. Riku, being the oldest, brought the majority of the food, but left the cake to Kairi, since she baked it herself. Tidus and Wakka brought fireworks of questionable legality, and Selphie made sure that they had enough camping supplies to keep everyone comfortable.

There'd been some confusion earlier when Kairi and Selphie didn't give Sora his present at the party, but they told everyone that they had a special surprise set up for the new 18 year old at the island, and little more needed to be said.

Once they arrived at the island, nobody really asked about the present because they all knew that food and cake came first. Unnoticed, Selphie quietly slipped away and got the final preparations set up.

Once everyone was well fed and Kairi's cake had been gleefully devoured, that's when the girls decided to unveil their gift to everyone. Seeing as Kairi seemed a little too embarrassed to explain properly, Selphie stepped in.

"Okay, guys, as you know, Sora's an absolute NIGHTMARE to shop for.""Wait, you guys didn't have to-""Sora. Shut up. As I was saying," here she gave a semi-serious glare at the birthday boy, "Buying presents for Sora is always a pain in the ass, so we decided to just do something special instead." At this, Kairi unveiled a wooden sign that they'd stuck in the sand.

Written across the top on one side were the words RULES FOR GIRLS ON THE ISLAND, and on the other were the words RULES FOR KAIRI AND SELPHIE TO FOLLOW ON HOME ISLAND.

The boys were a bit confused, there had never been any boys club nonsense between them, and they were confused as to what this could mean.

Selphie continued her explanation. "Here's how this is gonna work. Any rules that are added to this sign, Kairi and I have to follow as directed. If for instance we had a rule that we have to french kiss you guys instead of saying hello as a greeting, then we'll do it." The guys' eyes widened as one, "However, as you can see, the sign is divided into 2 sections, rules for here, and rules for home. Basically, every time you guys do something we deem worthy, you'll earn a Home Rule, an Island Rule, or if it's especially impressive, an Unrefusable Act. You can horde them and trade them in for the higher up rewards, or you can choose to break them down into the 'lesser' rewards. 4 Island Rules for 1 Home Rule, and 2 Home Rules for 1 Unrefusable Act." At this point their eyes couldn't get any wider. "But to make sure nobody gets too excited and does something EVERYBODY regrets, there are going to be some ground rules and personal veto power.

"Firstly, don't try to rules lawyer anything. If you make a generally good combination of rules that ends up in something good, that's fine, but don't push it, and don't try to get fancy.

"Secondly, no matter what happens, if ANY of this starts to come between us as friends, we end it immediately, and no 'rewards' can be collected any more.

"Thirdly, this won't end if we get caught by our parents or anyone else, but please don't TRY to get us caught.

"And finally here's how the checks are going to work. For an Island Rule, it can be vetoed if both Kairi and I say no, but if we think you're just trying to get too much with 1 rule, we'll tell you what we think IS worth 1 rule on the same line of thinking. For a Home Rule, if either of us says no, that's an immediate veto, with the same conditions as before, and for an Unrefusable Act, we leave that one to you guys. If 2 of you think it's too much, everybody but the girl who'd have to do it does a secret vote for if it can be done. Oh yeah, and on the boat counts as whichever island we're about to, or currently sailing towards. Any questions?"

Selphie took their stunned silence as a no.

"Great, now on to the actual present! Sora gets one of each reward as the birthday boy!"

Sora immediately turned beet red and opened his mouth. Then closed it before he could deny that he was actually kinda looking forward to this.

What are his demands?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)