More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Nedward62 Nedward62

What did Jack find?

The Gamer’s Wallet

Jack wasn’t sure what he was looking at. An assortment of amulets, charms, and a lot of things he couldn’t describe were stacked on the shelves. Nothing was consistent or organized, everything was just thrown into piles. After doing some light searching, Jack found a nice wallet. Solid black leather except for an odd coat of arms on the front. Jack didn’t pay much attention to it as he pulled out his own wallet. It was old and ratty, without much to note. Even if the black wallet didn’t give him special powers like everything else, it at least looked better than what he currently had. Pocketing his old wallet, Jack walked back up to the clerk.

The clerk was grinning widely as Jack approach. It was unnerving to Jack, but he ignored it. Jack put the wallet on the counter in front of the clerk, asking him for the price.

“For that, I can’t charge you. Or at least, it would feel wrong to.” The clerk said as Jack put the wallet away.

“Is there a reason why,...uh,” Jack glanced at the employee’s name badge,”...Des?”

“Knowing what it does, I’d feel bad for you if I actually charged.”

“What does it do? I can’t imagine a wallet being dangerous.”

“Well, it’s not dangerous, it’s just... you’ll see. Here, I’ll actually give you $50 if you take the wallet and give me your old one. You won’t need it anymore, right?” Des said, pulling a fifty dollar bill out of his pocket and holding it out to Jack.

“Sure!” Jack responded, excited to be getting over double for what he originally paid for the old wallet. He pulled it out and handed it to Des after he took out his money and one gift card he kept in it. “Thanks, Des” Jack said as he left, transferring his money and gift card to his new wallet. ’Des, what an odd name’.

The start of an adventure

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)