More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by elyssov elyssov

What should he change?

The FoolProof

Do you know how the thinking of an IT specialist differs from that of an ordinary person?

As a rule, an IT specialist fink about backups and snapshots first of all.

Tom has worked in IT all his life. Being the CIO of a small but rather high-tech company, he learned the importance of backups completely during his career.

Yes, the situation with the coin was surprising. On the other hand, why not give it a try. The main thing is to make everything as safe as possible.

Tom, as instructed, clenched the coin in his hand and, carefully choosing his words, said:

"I wish that my wife's current state, mentally and bodily, be set as the default state. Whatever changes occur my wife by influens of this coin, she should instantly return to her default state, in one of the following cases: if I tell her to "memory backup Sarah" - she should return to her default state, but with all the memory gained between the creation of the default image and the moment of rollback. If I tell her "backup Sarah" - she should simply return to the her default state, completely losing all memories of what has happened to it since the change began and the change from the default state.If I do not initiate a rollback myself, then 72 hours after the last change I made, the rollback to the current default state should occur automatically and without save memory. If the coin has not affected Sarah in any way since the last rollback, the automatic rollback rule does not work and Sarah is not subject to automatic rollbacks."

The coin has warmed up. Tom caught his breath and made a second wish:

"I wish that if I told Sarah to "update Sarah's backup", her previous default state would be replaced with the one in which she will be at the moment when I say these words to her. At the same time, in the mind of Sarah herself, these words should not be reflected or preserved in any way.

The coin warmed up again.

He just hoped everything worked out the way he planned. However, it should be checked at home.

Anticipating experiments, he decided to hurry home...

Cook the frog gradually?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)