More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Rubicon Rubicon

What's next?

The First Weekend, Saturday

We didn't get a lot of sleep Friday night. There's no shock there -- I certainly wasn't in a rush to fall asleep and Diana said she could stay awake for a week without much problem if necessary. Between that and her ability to bypass the male refractory period -- and lend a certain amount of stamina for lovemaking -- there was a lot of reason to stay awake.

But I was, in the end, still mortal, and needed at least a few hours. And regardless of Diana's powers I was sore and a touch chafed when I woke up at seven in the morning. Why so early, given everything? I'm not sure. Probably my body wanted to have the absolute minimum amount of sleep I needed, to get every waking moment with Diana that I could.

But we didn't immediately set back to it. I needed some time to process everything, and I know Diana needed it too. So, after a quick shower -- separately, as I didn't want the shower to turn into the morning's event  -- we got dressed to head out, for breakfast and shopping.

Why shopping? Mostly because Diana didn't have very much with her. As I mentioned before, she'd shown up with her uniform, that amazingly sexy red Amazon toga, white sports bra and utilitarian panties, a white tee shirt and grey sweatpants. She had assumed I would simply keep her in all weekend, after all.

But I wanted more than that.

So, she skinned into the underwear, tee shirt and sweats, which were as close to formless as I think could go over that body. She still looked amazing, of course, but still. She looked like she was doing her laundry. We locked the lariat in the same safe as her uniform. She wore her Amazonian slippers -- it was that or the boots from her uniform, and I wanted to avoid the uniform as much as possible -- and we went out for pancakes at IHOP. She took one of the spare silk scarves I used to cover up her bracers and used it as a hair kerchief, pulling the hair back into a ponytail, and as amazing as it sounds, that was all it took to make Wonder Woman, the most famous, most beautiful of the female superheroes, into an anonymous breakfast patron.

"I can't believe no one's recognized you," I murmured. We were sitting opposite each other in a booth. The waitress had filled coffee cups for us and left the usual carafe, and we were looking over the menus.

"I can," she said, softly. "You'd be surprised how much context matters. One of the advantages of wearing the armor equivalent of a swimsuit is people remember it... and associate you with it. No one expects me to be ordering breakfast in a greasy spoon, and no one expects me to be... well...."

"Clothed?"

She colored slightly. "Something like that." She pursed her lips. "I still think I should have worn my uniform underneath this."

"I told you last night. You're not... that person... with me." There wasn't anyone near us, but I was new to this lifestyle, and it seemed safest to keep the name 'Wonder Woman' outside of conversation.

"I know," she said softly, half-smiling. It faded then, as she looked more serious. "And when we're in your apartment during these weekends I fully accept that. But we've gone outside now, and if someone needs my help I'm going to help them. You don't get to stop that."

"I wouldn't ask to," I said, though it seemed like a remote enough possibility. Keystone City wasn't known for its high crime rate to begin with, and the local hero was the Flash -- and one of the nice things about having the fastest man alive on the police department's speed dial was rapid response, to say the least.

"Good. It's not negotiable. The oath doesn't let you stop me from helping others." Her chin went up slightly. "I would not have sworn an oath that did, even if it meant hurting my allies."

"I know," I said again, flushing a touch. "That's why I didn't ask." There was tension then. We had made a lot of progress, and I knew Diana had gotten a lot out of our time together... but the involved in getting her to swear the oath still hung between us. It would for a long time, I knew. Maybe for the rest of my life. Diana, of course, was immortal.

"So I should have worn my uniform," she said, picking the conversation back up. "No one would have seen it, and it has certain... properties... that make it simple to emerge when needed."

"It would have made a difference," I said. "In your bearing. In your understanding."

"Have you decided?" The waitress hadn't been close enough to hear, and was pretty good about announcing herself as she approached.

"I believe so," Diana said, giving her a warm smile. "But it depends. Are the fruit compote pancakes truly guaranteed to be 'Rooty Tooty?' I would hate to be disappointed."

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)