More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

What Faction will you choose?

The Factions List

the Legion of Hellfire:

After the destruction Obsidian Shadow Empire remnants of the Millennium Led by Arch Warlock Abe and The Serenity Eye led by Witch Siren, they were Clans who were powerful in the mystic arts. Many within their ranks became witches, warlocks, wizards, and sorcerers the two Clans often shared a close bond sharing and trading mystical knowledge with one another. As their Clans grew so did their hunger for knowledge on all things arcane they wanted to know more about the soul and why it gave their spells power, using the mystic arts they created a new type of the homunculi, as well as golems to do their manual labor eventually they were able, produced thousands of them with so many it was only natural for them to be used in their armies.

During the Civil War the Alliance of the 2 Clans sought power and dominance over their kin but the needed more power the other Clans as fractured as they were due to infighting still posed a threat the 2 Clans needed an edge and an edge they found, it was during this time during the full moon they discovered a new form of dark magic it was fiery it was evil to the core, they loved it the power they gave them was amazing but as they continued experimenting trying to find the source of it and the unexpected happened they found and new world and made contact with a new type of creature, it was engulfed in flames and it smelled like sulfur ever since that night the newly discovered creatures began teaching them their magic unknowing to the effects it had on them.

Confident with their new power they began invading all the other Clans conquering much of their lands this the remaining Clans as well as the Crusaders to temporarily ally themselves, to form an alliance to stop them even with the alliance they were able to hold them back. But their new power made them overconfident they underestimated the other Clans as well as the invading crusaders.

Surrounded by all sides by enemies they were soon being pushed back horrified by this they began to rely more and more on their newly discovered power even going as far as making a deal if the vampire won their war they get to keep the power they were given at no cost but if they lost their souls forever bound and forever become servants to the legions of hell and to their lord Satan, but it was too late their last castle was being besieged the survivors fled across Europe to a safe haven in the north their last bastion.

For a few months the survivors tried to pick up the pieces but then one night the demons appeared they have come to honor their agreement, the remaining vampires pleaded with them only for them laugh the contract was signed it was time to pay the price a portal opened above them and in the sky a red heartbeat it was the heart of Satan red spirits rained down possessing the vampires stealing their souls in the process, and once that was done the 2 Clans were no more their corruption at the hands of the demons was now complete they were now the Hellfire Legion…

The Phantom Knights of the Ghost Moon:

The Knights of the Moon were a noble Vampiric cult that worshiped the moon guardian Morzen the High Father protector of all who hunt and Hela the Grim Reaper Lord of the dead and sister of Morzen within the night the Knights was intense for only the strong can be apart of the sacred order, Vampires by nature are nocturnal hunters with Morzens blessings they became fierce night hunters even compared to the rest of their kin they were respected for their skills at the hunt as well as for their loyalty and discipline in battle. But little did the outside Clans know the knights had intimate knowledge of soul magic the ability to transfer their souls into another body, often dabbling in the necromantic arts their armies would bolstered by the dead but this was kept a secret for they didn't trust the other Clans especially the Serenity Eye, and the Millenium . It was not a surprise when Emperor Thessalon the VII chose them to be the Clan the not only protected the Emperor but also the capital of the Vampire Empire Nocturne.

This was a great honor to the Knights to be recognized by the Emperor they happily accepted they soon moved into the Capital and the surrounding towns they were given a lot of power over the defense of the castle and the surrounding areas, their influence grew and spread throughout the Empire.

But as time went on the Knights grew worried the factions within the Empire began to fight amongst themselves each hungering for more and more power the continual backstabbing brought chaos to the courts causing the Empire’s ability to govern to slow, the Knights tried their best to keep the balance amongst the Clans they tried to warn them of the threat posed by the encroaching humans to the East the Knights feared the growing strength of the Crusaders and their ability to use holy magic against them.

But the other Clans didn’t listen their greed consumed them until open revolt under the orders of their Emperor the Knights tried to regain control over the splintering Empire and to the east the Crusaders began their invasion, their numbers dwindled this them to reveal their secret dark magic for the first time since the creation for the Order, they began to use necromancy to bolster their strength this caught the renegade Clans off guard as thousands of undead warriors washed over their armies.

But in the north the Serenity Eye and the Millenium watched as the Clans warred amongst themselves during this time they were learning new forms of magic, they also snuck in spies within the Order of Knights they watched silently until the time came when the Serenity Eye/ Millenium began their their spies had sabotaged the Knights defenses caught unawares their fortresses fell quickly until the Serenity Eye/ Millenium reached the capital for 9 months they besieged the capital until their defenses broke the garrison within slaughtered to the last their Emperor was killed as well for weeks Serenity Eye/ Millenium searched for the Knights knowledge but came out empty handed enraged they placed a curse on them forever they will walk the nights as a spirit but until day where the sun burned away their souls, the remaining order tried to free themselves from the curse but to mixed success.

One chapter managed to reverse half of the spell making them half-spirits some sued their necromantic tools were able to create soul jars to keep their souls safe during the day, thus giving them time until they can find a worthy body to inhabit. With their numbers dwindled to less than 200 the Knights fled east to one of their last fortress where they hid as the rest for the Vampire Nation imploded on itself, the hundred years they searched hard for a way to rid themselves of their curse but to no avail seeing his people in a state of disarray, Captain Knight Lord Crowley needed to raise the morale of his people being the right-hand man of their former Emperor he was able to rally his people promising them vengeance against those who betrayed their Emperor and placed this curse on them, for that day on they became The Phantom Knights of the Ghost Moon.

The Lords of the Dark Phoenix:

The youngest Clan to rise to prominence within the Empire the young Clan worshipped the Phoenix as a being who in arse from the ashes like them they were once humans but once they were bitten they arose once more, they were reborn no longer alive no longer human they were stronger, faster, they healed quickly they could see in the dark with a clarity that normal humans didn’t have the Phoenix was a god of and rebirth the Vampires swore themselves to it and in return gained a gift for the Phoenix.

Through their connection to the Phoenix they were able to walk out into the sun without it destroying them this made the other Clans envious of their power being able to walk the day no longer would they fear the sun, no longer would they have to hide their coffins in the basement of the castle and forts in fear someone might attack them in the daylight, they learned to control fire as well as they gained telepathic powers from their God.

But the Order didn’t accept them for they were not true believers of the Phoenix they didn’t believe in the circle of rebirth the Empire was at the end of its “lifespan” a new empire ended to rise from its ashes when the Emperor called for the clans loyal to the Empire to fight the enemies within and outside the Empire the Lords of the Phoenix ignored his calls, the Clan watched as the Empire devolved into anarchy their brethren greed and hunger for power resulted in a civil war, Clans that were for hundreds of years loyal to each other now turned against one another to prevent their Clan from being destroyed they waged war against their brethren with the assistance of their god the Phoenix.

To the East their territory came under attack by the Crusaders and to the west the Knights the of Moon attacked them as well being attacked by both sides the Lords of the Phoenix lost much of their territory, with only a handful of their territories left, the Knights engaged the Lords of the Phoenix in battle for control of their Capital The Nest of Fire, it was there the Knights of the Moon with help of Hela fought the Phoenix and during the fight shattered her body the survivors quickly gathered the pieces and field but little did they know her soul was corrupted by the scythe wielded by Hela, reaching a hideout the survivors brought the pieces together the once bright flames turned black and their God arose sensing the darkness in her soul, the energy began to corrupt their minds by the end of the day they survivors swore obedience to their new dark god..

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)