More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Dogdog Dogdog

What does he have for sale?

The F.U. Headset

The Fabricated Universal V.R. Headset is anything but your regular run-of-the-mill virtual reality device. Any world: fictional, fantastical, even one that mirrors our day-to-day life, is free game. With the headset on, your consciousness will be transported into the world of your choosing.

It is designed to peak perfection that everything and everyone in the virtual world is functionally real. See, hear, taste, touch whatever you like, through the headset, any world is authentic to a ''T.'' From the perspective of the ones who live in these worlds, their lives are as genuine as yours. It's hard to see them as ones and zeros when each and every person has their own lives, goals, wants, and designers. But as real as they are, as real as the world feels, it is all a virtual reality with the headset. You'll live with no consequences; life is a game. Set saves states whenever and wherever you like. Open up your cheat menu to change everyone's clothing. Change one's profession from king or queen to your personal guard dog. Speed the world. Slow it down. Freeze the universe in pause while you do as you please. Take over the world by converting everyone into a member of your harem, then if that gets boring, load your previous save state and watch as no one remembers a thing. Anything is possible, as long as you can find it in the seemingly never-ending cheat menu.

But alas, there is a catch. While you might believe these worlds to be a 100% accurate virtual reality experience, that couldn't be farther from the truth. The headset, in all actuality, is creating a universe from the ground up to fit the specifications of what was programmed into it. Since the universe is as organic as the user, it simply tethers an identical consciousness to the world it had just created. But cutting out all the fluff... the more the headset is used in a given world, the more the user is attached to that universe. Too much exposure may leave one completely connected. Though, that may not be such a horrible outcome. That world is entirely in the palm of your hands. They simply don't know it yet.

Who does the Salesman gift this headset to?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)