More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by ldnldn ldnldn

Select the Case

The Entrapment Case

Laura put on her black face mask with a bleeding heart logo and nodded at her companion, with a wire cutter she cut the chains of the door in front of them and they both entered the building. It was an abandoned factory filled with old machinery, hooks and conveyor belts, all of them broken down.

They moved to the second floor until they were in front of a big brick wall, Laura let down the bag she was carrying and her companion took out a can of spray paint.

“Keep a lookout, we are deep in Roughlasses territory now”

Nodding, Laura walked to the railing behind her, lowered her mask, took out her cellphone and sighted as her companion painted the wall behind her.

Laura was wearing ripped jeans, black high heeled boots and a black tank top with a bleeding heart haphazardly painted on. She was a gorgeous Latina with brown hair that reached to her shoulders and brown eyes. Behind her was the leader of the gang, Ari, real name Arielle Jones, wearing the same “uniform” as Laura but with sneakers instead of boots. She was relatively pale, and had short purple dyed hair.

Laura was a private detective, as a favor for her friend on the police , Detective Rebecca , she was going undercover in the Hearthcrushers gang.

Well, to call them a gang would be an insult to gangs everywhere in the world, same for their rivals, the Roughlasses gang. They did not kill, steal or anything of the sort, but rather they performed petty acts of public vandalism like spraying graffiti, stealing signs, throwing eggs at houses, and generally try to “stick it to the man” in very harmless ways.

In recent weeks a “gang war” had broken out between the two that had steadily being escalated as they both tried to vandalize and “take” territories from each other, however no one had been seriously hurt. The worst thing that happened to captured rivals was that they were stripped and to streak back home in the buff, which Laura was pretty sure was somehow illegal, but not worth her time.

Hell, the “war” had been so tame that Laura managed to rise to second in command after she ruthlessly punched the face of a Roughlasses member in their latest “fight” for territory, scaring the rest of them into retreating.

However due to the numerous neighbors’ complaints and the fear of the war escalating into serious Rebecca asked Laura to investigate, as the police didn’t consider them important enough to deal with directly.

“Come on I literally have a billion better things to do than being here, they aren’t a threat to anyone, can we call this off?” she texted Rebecca.

“Look, we don’t even have enough evidence to arrest them for vandalism, and their conflict is intensifying, they might try to harm each others with real weapons soon, so until we have enough to make an arrest you are going to stay there and prevent them from doing something stupid.”

This was stupid, Laura knew that the gangs were practically harmless. She had half a mind to just ditch the job, go home, take a shower and…

“Remember that time you made me go undercover to that strip club you believed was a front for a trafficking ring? I had to pole dance naked all night just to discover that the only thing out of place there was your detective work, you owe me this.” Texted Rebecca, as if reading her mind.

She had her there, Rebecca would never forgive her if she just walked away now, but perhaps there was a quicker way to end it?

“Ok look, their leader is spraying graffiti right in front of me, if I arrest her now we can decapitate the gang and they’ll disperse. Problem solved, ok?”

“Seems hasty, but if you are sure it’s the right call then go ahead”

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)