More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Brainvamp Brainvamp

Let’s see what happens to Erin

The Day the Sun Turned Red

"Erin, time to get up!"

"Come on dad, it´s still dark outside."

"No it's not, it´s almost 7:30; you don't want to be late for your last day of school."

The blinds are closed and normally at this time of day the sun hitting directly on them filters a tenuous light into my room. Not this morning, this morning, all that comes through is a reddish glow.

"Fuck, what? Fuck..."

I stand and check my phone. I hate it when this happens; you set your alarm and the phone dies on you during the night.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck..."

"Language young lady."

My dad is the kitchen, probably having breakfast. I can hear the TV mumbling something... It's odd, Dad usually doesn't want us to watch TV in the morning.

Anyway, I have bigger problems right now. If I want to be at school on time I have to hurry.

"Sorry dad, I'll be five minutes"

I extract my heavy carcass from the sedimentary layers of my bed. I take a quick shower casting away the web of sleepiness remaining from the night. The very hot water on my skin makes me forget for a second the pile of shit I'll be in if I get in late. I shiver.

Bribes of last night dream hit me. It was quite a pleasant one. I accidentally pass a finger over my slit. It's still wet. I hardly hold back a faint moan. If I had time, I would definitely pursue this line of enquiry, but, alas, school awaits and I'll have to hold it back. Maybe during lunchtime I can spend some time with Mark in the girl's locker-room. We'll see.

I enter the kitchen to have breakfast. I stop at the door. The light bathing the room is strange. It's kind of... red. Dad is watching TV sipping on his coffee.

Instead of the usual lighthearted show "Rise and Shine", there's a man in a suit standing in front of the famous seal of the white house.

"... and we have our best experts looking into the problem at the moment. Let me emphasize once again on the fact that there are no reasons to panic, we are still looking into the situation and will get back to you as soon as we know more. Now I will take a few questions. Please Sam."

"Good morning mister spokesman, we have had reports from all over the place about erratic behavior and violent attacks. In some cases, although this is yet to be confirmed, rapes. Can you tell us if this has anything to do with the current situation?"

"Thank you for the question. At this moment the rumors of a widespread wave of attacks are just that: rumors. Furthermore there are no proofs whatsoever of any links between the alleged attacks and the fact that the sun has raised red this morning."

Red? I run to the window. The sun is high in the sky and instead of its usual blinding white tint it is casting a reddish light all over the city. It's kind of surreal. As a matter of fact it's totally amazing, properly fascinating.

"Dad?"

"Yes?"

"What The fuck?"

"Yes..."

"Dad, fuck, dad."

"Language."

"Sorry, dad."

He has left his chair and he's standing by my side, a hand on my shoulder.

"Are we gonna die?"

"Don't know."

"Thanks dad, that helps..."

"Yeah sorry... No we're not going to die."

"What is happening?"

"Don't know; they said it's all over the world. It started last night as the sun started to rise over Europe. Nobody knows what is happening. Apparently, the guys in space said that the sun looked the same to them, so it's not the sun itself, it's in the atmosphere."

"Dad?"

"Yes?"

"I'm scared."

"Yeah me too."

"Can I skip school?"

"The hell you are."

"Come on,"

"Last day of school, too important, freaky weather is not going to take that from you."

"Okay."

"Dad, what about the attacks?

"Bullshit!"

"Dad, language."

"Yeah sorry."

We finish breakfast in relative silence watching the news, or to be more precise, the total absence of news. Again and again we get the same info: the suns has raised red this morning, nobody knows what happened. There are reported attacks in some places but nothing confirmed.

Off to school

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)