More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by LezzyLucy LezzyLucy

Where will you go?

The Cave

"It's probably better to sit it out and wait for rescue right?" you rationalize. You vaguely recall something about staying near the plane in case of a crash so you can be found sooner. Well with the plane probably at the bottom of the ocean, where you washed up probably is the next best thing. Without further ado, you pick yourself up and set off to the cave in the east. It's just a short trek to get to the mouth of the cave and thankfully so. Without the light of the sun pouring in a short ways, you'd be totally blind. Just a short way into the cave, you spot something unnatural sitting in the sand. The closer you get, and your eyes slowly adjust to the dim light, you spot more and more objects out of the ordinary. Mercifully, you find an entire living setup inside the cave, complete with a hammock. At least you won't be sleeping on the ground tonight. Spending a short while exploring your new found jackpot, you also find a fire pit with accompanying matches, and a small ice box with a few bottles of water and some dried food. They don't even seem old actually, like someone put them here recently.

"Sorry whoever you are," you say aloud. "But I don't really have another choice right now," you finish. First matter of business, drying off and getting warm. Strolling up to the fire pit, you find that suitable fire wood is plentiful stacked up against a nearby wall. Using one of the matches and some good luck, you light a modest fire that soon grows into a excellent hearth. Stripping down isn't the most appealing option, but it is the fastest way to dry your clothes. Swallowing your pride, you remove every last scrap of cloth and set them by the fire to dry. Next comes food. The more you think about it, the hungrier you feel and remember you haven't eaten since at least breakfast before your flight. The dried food might not be warm or overly plentiful, but it will stave off the hunger growing in your stomach. Scarfing down the provisions, you sate your hunger for now and wash it down with a cool water to keep you hydrated.

With the sun officially set and the last of the rations consumed, there's really nothing else to do but sleep. You try your clothes one last time, but find them still a bit damp. Better than before, but sleeping in damp clothes is surely a first rate way to catch a cold or worse. With a sigh, you decide that sleeping in the nude will just have to do. Climbing into the hammock, you find it surprisingly soft and find yourself drifting off to sleep faster than expected.

The Next Morning...?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)