More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Flattened Fan Flattened Fan

What Does The Day Bring?

The Bank is Being Robbed

The high pitched ringing of an alarm echoed through the streets of Gold Springs, reaching from The Crushed Weasel to the sheriff’s office. Texas skidded to a halt, side pressing to a nearby barrel, six-shooter held firmly in both hands as she arrived on scene. The bank was being robbed, and with her deputy out on other law-enforcing business, it was up to the weasel sheriff to stop the heist by herself. Peering around the barrel she’d taken cover behind she tried to get a good look at the scene going on inside the bank. Even from across the street her keen eyes could make out movement through the front windows, and a quick assessment of the situation gave her all the information she needed.

Jesse and Jane, the resident bandit twins, were holding up the bank, and had several hostages at gun point. This wasn’t good; whilst the rather rotund hogs were far from the most dangerous outlaws in Texas’ rogue’s gallery, anyone posed a threat when taking hostages, and the fact there were two of them made the twins a particularly unique threat. Ordinarily, Texas would resolve a hostage situation by distracting or leading away the outlaw so that the civilians had time to get to safety; that wasn’t possible with two armed robbers on the scene.

Taking a moment to consider her options, Texas decided there were two logical approaches to the situation. A forward approach through the front door would be less likely to startle the pigs, making it safer for the hostages. However, slipping through the back was a far safer approach for Texas herself, putting her out of the immediate lines of fire and giving her the option of getting the drop on the pair of pigs.

What does Texas do next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)