More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by wicker wicker

Who gets cursed?

The Annoying Neighbors

Karl Everson was only 19 but already making a good living as an independent computer programmer and trouble shooter. He grew up in foster care, and was always reading and researching his two passions: computers and psychology. By the time he was 15, the assistant principal at his high school was already using Karl to work on the school's computer and server, and by the time was 17, he was refurbishing and selling computers. He was lucky that his foster parents, if not the most loving couple, pretty much gave him his space. After he turned 18, he struck out on his own and soon was making enough money to afford a nice apartment and car.

There was one thing that is IQ could not bring him: social skills and a romantic life. He was a virgin, and his tall, lanky frame, long nose, and big ears did not help.

For the past year, he had been experimenting with a device that could implant neural commands deep into a person's subconscious, and he had the perfect targets, his annoying neighbors Sandy and Ginni. Sandy and Ginni were both 22 and were party girls. Sandy was a receptionist for a plastic surgeon, and Ginni worked at a spa. The girls were loud in the hall, and they lived directly across from Karl. They played aloud electronic dance music or rap, and came home stumbling drunk every Saturday night.

The two girls were always getting Karl to fix their computers, set up their phones, routers, and wireless devices. They would thank Karl, but never offered him so much as a cold drink. But he gladly did so, and in the process, managed to steal one of their keys and make a copy. While they were out, Karl had installed his homemade neural transmitters in their apartment. There was one in their TV, and they watched a lot of reality shows, in their wireless speakers, and behind the headboards of their beds.

There was a knock of Karl's door, and he looked the the peephole and saw the blonde Sandy and brunette Ginni. He opened the door. "Computer problem?"

"No, we just want you take our photo," said Ginni. She and Sandy pushed in without asking, handed Karl a phone and posed.

"Where are you guys headed?" asked Karl. "Another Saturday night bender?" He took the photo.

"A new club: Discotheque Diko."

"Maybe I'll go."

The girls laughed, looked at each other, then back at Karl. "Not your style." Ginni took her phone back, and the girls left without saying another word, but Karl could hear them laughing.

After making sure they were gone, Karl went into their apartment and made some tweaks to the transmitters. He had been sending them messages, and tonight he would hammer home the final signal, which should make them obedient to him.

Later that night, the girls stumbled home, and each fell asleep in her bed.

Karl sent the signal.

.

how does the next day go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)