More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Guforess Guforess

Which upgrade does Samus select?

The 3D printer upgrade

Samus scrolled down a whole list of upgrades, taking her time to determine, before she saw something that caught her eye.

She clicked on the glowing green icon depicting a sideways view of a figure wearing strange glasses that emitted rays of yellow light. "What's this upgrade?" Samus asked.

"Ah yes. That would be the 3D printer upgrade. While not as powerful and advanced as the printing system currently installed in my programs, this upgrade imbues the user with a mini, less advanced version of my 3D printing system. An upgrade chip is inserted in the neck and a visor is provided that links to the chip. All the user needs to do is think hard enough, which provides the brain waves needed for the visor to receive information and promptly print the object being thought about. Extremely detailed thoughts, such as determining the material and dimensions, would yield better results. " The Ai explained as the icon took up the center of the screen with the options to accept and decline lining the bottom.

"Sounds practical. Who knows when armour or weapons would be needed on the fly on combat... " Samus muttered to herself, thinking aloud.

"Alright, I'll take this upgrade." Samus pressed the green accept option, which made the image fill up the screen as the text "Installation In Progress" accompanied it.

A tiny chip was lowered with a robotic arm, sliding into the slot at the back of her neck in the zero suit and being inserted with a satisfying whir before the robot arm retreated. "Installation Complete" The screen displayed, before it returned back to the upgrade selection screen.

Samus felt a slight tinge in her neck, but it promptly faded. Her suit turned grey with green linings, causing her to check herself out in a nearby floating mirror.

"That would mean that your upgrade is successful and the mind chip is connected to the visor. Give it a whirl." The AI said, before a hole in the segmented grey floor opened up and a round slab holding the bright green visor appeared.

"Interesting..." Samus commented as she grabbed the visor and placed it on her face. It felt light, and a simple interface appeared in her vision.

With the view being just like normal but with a interface added on, combined with the incredible lightness of the visor, Samus found it easy to get used to. Now, it was time for a test run.

What does Samus print out first?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)