More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by TheBlinded TheBlinded

What should he change?

Test the waters (Hair+safety)

Deciding to take it slow at first, Tom wanted to make sure that it wasn’t some kind of Monkeys Paw situation.

Waiting until night, he carefully pulled himself out of Sarah’s grasp and held up the coin.

Taking care to phrase his wish correctly, he decided to change her hair colour. It was something that was immediately noticeable, but also correctable if it turned out odd. Holding up the coin he stared at hood sleeping wife and whispered.

“I wish that Sarah had long and beautiful, rainbow hair.”

The coin momentarily heated up, releasing a dull glow that faded with the heat. Turning towards Sarah, he was disappointed to discover that her hair seemed to be the same colour as this morning.

Thinking he must’ve miss-worded it, he turned to place it on the dresser next to him, only to stop and look at their wedding photo.

It showed both of them nearly two decades younger in regular wedding attire, except for one difference.

Sarah’s hair was a deep violet that seemed to match his suit. Which was dark purple instead of the traditional black.

Sneaking into the hallway, Tom looked at the photo of their 5-year anniversary, which was a trip to Fiji.

In it, he wore the same bathing suit he remembered wearing while Sarah wore a dusty rose two piece which accented her long pale-blue hair.

Each photo he checked, her hair was a different colour. It seemed that her hair gradually changed between colours with each new day being a slight gradient between one prime colour and the next.

Seeing the clock in the hall click over to midnight, Tom quietly reentered the bedroom to see Sarah’s hair start to change. The black with slight white changed to a deep navy blue with slightly lighter navy blue accents.

Grabbing hit mouth to not let out a scream of joy, Tom had clear, visual proof that he was in possession of a magical coin. He just has to be careful to word his wishes correctly as he intended for Sarah’s hair to become rainbow coloured, it instead interpreted it to mean that her hair was always changing.

Not willing to let a literal opportunity of a life disappear, he decided that a second wish was in order.

“I wish that no-one could ever steal or use the coin from me, and that they can only use it if I willingly and intend to give it to them. Any attempt to steal or use it otherwise would result in the coin returning to me.” Ignoring the almost painfully hot and bright coin held in his fist, he waited for the heat and light to disappear before placing the cooled coin in-between the pages of the novel ‘Robots and Empire’.

Not wanting to screw Sarah or himself over, he planned on writing out exactly what he wanted and intended for the next wishes. All of them pertaining to his lovely wife.

What did the good man desire?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)