More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by nickkorneev22 nickkorneev22

What's next?

Taking a risk

You can't stop thinking about Charlie after your brief encounter at the coffee shop. Every time you close your eyes, you see her smile, hear her laugh, and feel a flutter in your chest. You know it's risky to pursue her, but you can't help yourself.

The next time you see her, you're working the late shift at the coffee shop. It's quiet, and there aren't many customers around. You're wiping down the counters when you see her walk in, looking even more stunning than before.

She's wearing a black pencil skirt and a cream-colored blouse that hugs her curves in all the right places. Her hair is pulled back in a loose bun, and she's wearing a pair of pearl earrings that catch the light as she moves.

"Hi, Charlotte," you say, trying to keep your voice steady.

"Hi, Alex," she says with a smile. "How's your night going?"

"It's going well, thanks," you reply, trying to sound casual. "Can I get you something to drink?"

"I'll have a latte, please...and just call me Charlie please" she giggles at the end, and you nod, feeling your heart racing.

As you make her drink, you try to think of something to say. "So, have you been up to anything interesting lately?" you ask, feeling like an idiot.

Charlie chuckles. "Just running my businesses and trying to keep everything afloat," she says. "It's a lot of work, but I enjoy it."

You nod, feeling like there's so much more you want to know about her. "That sounds challenging," you say. "I can't imagine what it's like to run multiple restaurants."

"It definitely has its ups and downs," she says, taking a sip of her latte. "But it's rewarding when things go well."

You continue to talk for a few more minutes, and you can feel yourself starting to relax around her. She's so easy to talk to, and you can tell that she's genuinely interested in what you have to say.

Finally, you work up the courage to ask her out. "Charlie, I know this might be a bit forward, but would you like to go out with me sometime? Maybe for dinner or drinks?"

For a moment, she looks surprised, but then she smiles. "I'd like that, Alex," she says. "How about this Saturday?"

Your heart leaps in your chest. "Saturday sounds great," you say, feeling like you're on top of the world.

You exchange phone numbers, and you watch as she walks out of the coffee shop, feeling like you're walking on air.

Now you have a choice to make:

A) Spend the next few days planning the perfect date to impress Charlie.

B) Keep things casual and not put too much pressure on the date.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)