More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by realizingworlds realizingworlds

Who are you? And what are you?

Takeshi: Kitsune

You are Takeshi, a kitsune originally from Japan. You had been sent away from your homeland in disgrace as a baby. Your birth father, a three-tailed kitsune, had an affair with a powerful and well-respected nine-tailed kitsune. His husband at the time had found out about the affair when he was five months along with you. Your sperm donor hadn't wanted you, too afraid of his husband finding out and his own reputation being ruined. Your step-father had told your father that he had two choices: keep you and lose the family they had created or give you away.

From what little you've found out, your father had travelled out the country just before having you. He gave you your name, left you on the steps of a police station, and ran. By the time they found out who your father was, he had already returned to Japan and refused to take you back. He told them you were unwanted, thus the abandonment and the lack of a family name. You were told he was charged for this, but never faced time. From there, you were bounced from home to home. You've lived with fairies, werewolves, humans, and a multitude of other creatures. You just never quite fit in though and were returned time and time again.

You gaze into a nearby mirror, wondering why no one had ever wanted you. Many people thought you very beautiful, as you shared the traditional features of the Japanese. Maybe it was your eyes. You always thought that their violet shade was pretty, but many people are unsettled by them. Or maybe it was the fox features? At least with the werewolves it would be an issue, you never did quite like them. Your fuzzy ears flatten against your skull at the memory. They had chased you like prey at the last home and nearly tore off a tail.

Said tails wrap around your waist. Their soft fur gives you comfort as you try to chase away the memory. You examine them carefully. Maybe it was your odd coloring? Most kitsunes are orange with black accents or white with red. You have black fur with purple accents that match your eyes. It could be the result of a curse, something your birth father had claimed when confronted with your abandonment.

Shaking away the dark thoughts, you focus on the task at hand. You are about to be measured and embark on the next part of your life. Now, you'll make the family you never had, as well as see how many tails you'll earn. You've already earned three from the life you've led.

The door opens, revealing the doctor. It's time to face your fate. What does it have in store for you?

Do you get the injection?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)