More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by hematoma hematoma

How do you decide?

Take stock of your group of survivors

The industrial boilers beneath the mall store enough water for weeks and you've got plenty of space in the basement, but you're running out of food. You have a hard decision to make so you decide to take stock of the five other survivors sharing the improvised shelter with you.

Your name is Alex. You're fit, young, strong of mind, and a good shot with your .357 revolver. You were the head cheerleader and cross country running star in high school, athleticism and a positive attitude that helped when you went off to college. No one thought the pretty girl with the big breasts should be a cellular biologist, but you never cared what other people thought. You've got your master's degree now. You're a natural leader still, but that positive attitude has been replaced with a surly realism. You've seen too much and destruction lately. A positive mental attitude won't handle a crazed .

You're dressed in a pair of baggy khaki cargo pants with plenty of pockets, a sports bra to control your large breasts, a tank top, and your dad's old army coat. The big revolver hangs from a hip holster you took from the man you killed. Spare bullets are slotted into the loops on the belt. You're wearing a pair of old military boots. Your blond hair is pulled back in a pony tail that hangs between your shoulder blades.

The person you have the most confidence in is Jake, a late-30s former Marine you met in the mall. He's a good guy and he knows how to use his hunting rifle. He's a little messed up in the head though. He was married with two kids and he saw his whole family die. He won't talk about it, but you can see the way it haunts him in his sunken eyes and sleepless nights. You've tried to get close to him, you can sense an attraction, but before anything can go anywhere he has to get himself past his loss.

Ritter is another matter. The beefy man in his 20s has a criminal look to him. Prison tattoos and a cruel smile that tells you he didn't mind killing his way here. He's a mechanical genius, so everyone needs him, but you can tell he's going to be a problem at some point. He's got his eye on you, but any of the girls would do in a pinch. He likes to play with a big combat knife. You don't let him have any of the guns. Most times he listens to what you tell him to do.

Clara is a gorgeous redhead about your age. She's athletic and strong-willed and you get along with her well. She is the one person you butt heads with the most, but it's a good sort of friction. She challenges your ideas and sometimes that leads you to better ideas. She's got a good sense of humor and is a fair shot with the .22 rifle you liberated from the mall's sporting goods store. Next to you, she is Ritter's biggest crush. She's got nice breasts, c-cups bordering on d-cups, and a plump bottom that she likes to show off in tight bluejeans. She always wears half-shirts to show off her abs and, frankly, you're almost jealous of her physique.

Dorothy is a little frumpier, a little older, mid-30s maybe, and in worse shape. She has huge breasts and a very plump butt, but Dorothy isn't quite what you would call "fat." She's also moody and can be a little out of control. You're pretty sure she drinks from the limited supply of when nobody is paying attention. Dorothy is a ball of hormones. She's made moves on Jake and you're pretty sure she and Ritter have hooked up more than once. That may be good, because she's keeping him from turning into a monster, but it might do to get her out in the world for a few hours.

Dorothy is also a single mom and her six-month old baby is a bit of a bother. You wouldn't care if her and her screaming kid disappeared, except Dorothy is a trained nurse. She might not have survival skills, but she knows about medications and basic medical treatments.

Rounding out your group of survivors is Mika. She's a petite Asian American in her early 20s. Very beautiful, but she's obviously seen some things that have really disturbed her. She can be relied on to perform menial tasks without complaint, but she rarely talks and is very jumpy. Next to Ritter she is the last person you want watching your back in a tight situation. On the other hand, thinking practically she is easily the most expendable member of your group. She is little more than a burden.

Your decision won't be easy, but it has to be today. Tomorrow the food will be gone and people will start complaining.

Take them all? If not, who are you taking out? Or should you go solo?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)