More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

What Do You Do Next?

Take a moment to Reflect.

You Remember the Layout of the Pepsi Colony quite clearly, and this presents several options, The beginnings of the colony were a set of old coalmines in the hills of southern 'Pensilvainya' whatever that meant, and a small hamlet nestled between them.

People started off hiding in the mines during the 'Year Without Summer' at the beginning of "Armageddon", then the following year The General appeared in his suit of powered armor and seized control, killing some of the men and forcing the others to fight the zombies till they all died, while the women shored up the colonies defenses and expanded it's boundaries to include enough land to feed everyone. From that point on he was the undisputed ruler of the town, enough of the women folk having either hated their husbands and the other men, or being so glad to be able to live without fear of the zombies that they accepted this deal with the devil.

Because the walls enclosing the farms are so big they are sparsely patrolled, you could wait until one patrol has passed and then toss a grappling hook over the wall, and climb up into the colony. Once inside you could find your sisters and your mother if she is still alive after the whipping, and they could hide you till you form further plans...

Another option is to find some water safe explosives and electrical line, somewhere: The General's quarters are in one of the old mines, and you remember seeing a map that showed that another, even older, mine lies very close to it: one that is flooded. If you could swim through the flooded mine and set explosive charges against the wall at the back of his quarters you could flood them and drown him. Since he did not specify HOW a man that survived the Ordeal had to kill him this should in short order make you his successor, and then this madness would stop.

Or perhaps, this could be either a stroke of brilliance or suicide, but; he is dying anyway. What if you were to walk up to the front gate and declare that you were here to duel him for leadership? They might shoot you, but the Guard is like a cult, they might be attached enough to the pseudo-religious dogma that The General has created that they would just let you in... 'The King is Dead, Long Live The King!'...

What Do You Do Next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)