More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by F3nris F3nris

Survive?!

Survival in a magic tundra

Nick landed face first in snow in only his underwear freezing cold and in pain. Teeth clacking he decided that he needed to find some way to stay warm. If the monsters didn’t kill him the cold would and he would damned if he died from cold so soon after he got his powers. First Nick decided to check his status.

Nick was disappointed to say the least. According to the interface the stats for an average person were 8 and 12 for a rookie athlete but Nick’s were all 6 or below. While Nick went over his stats he figured out how to equip items through his inventory. Nick started to experiment with his inventory picking up the snow around him and putting it in his inventory. Nick figured out by doing this he could clear the snow in front of him for as long as he wanted because the snow stacked in his inventory. As Nick started moving in a random direction he discovered that the snow started getting deeper, as it got deeper there started to be foot wide pathways in the snow like a worm had gone burrowing. Nick felt slightly ridiculous thinking about worms as thick around as his torso but the pop up did say that there would be monsters.

Nick realized quite soon that the blanket he had wrapped around himself like a cloak would be very helpful for much longer. The wind started to build blowing snow and ice down on Nick as he made his way through the tundra actively using his only magic skill the entire time. As he walked in the cold he got more and more pop ups.

Cold resistance lvl up

Cold resistance lvl up

Cold resistance lvl up

Constitution + 1

Constitution + 1

Flame lvl up

Flame lvl up

After about 2 hours Nick came to an area without snow. An open clearing of white grass grew from the frozen ground. In this field were to nick’s surprise 3 huge deer each larger than a moose covered in long fur with blood red eyes. In a attempt to not get seen Nick quickly made himself a little wall of snow with a window in it. Watching the deer from his little hiding spot chills went down nicks spine as one deer opened its mouth to reveal 2 rows of razor sharp teeth and 4 fangs about the size of a chef knife each. Nick stood there frozen, holding his breath trying his best not to make even the smallest noise. He wanted to run, everything in his body was telling him to run away before they saw him.

The deer quickly snapped its head to the right staring at the edge of the clearing opposite of Nick. He watched as the snow bank itself writhed and wriggled turning into a mass of worms each longer than the deer was tall and all armored as if they were made of steel. Instead of running the giant deer all decided to square off with the pile of worms. The odds seemed impossible it was 3 against an uncountable horde of armored worms and who knew what type of ridiculous weapons they could have hidden on the body. NOW it seemed like to time to run for Nick, he didn’t want to get caught in between these monsters. As Nick turned to run straining his body against the fear he came face to snout with some type of tiger who was roughly the size of a large car. Crouched down legs wound up ready to pounce as it had found the bit size snack it had been tracking for the past 2 hours. Nick regretted setting the difficulty to instant immediately but he had to at least try to get out of this. In the split second it took Nick to regret his actions the tiger was already in the air soaring towards him and hungry.

What will Nick do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)