More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Lake_Nine Lake_Nine

What do you say, want to help on Futa Farm for day?

Sure

I hesitated for a moment, something felt a bit off but after a moment of indecision, I realized anything that felt strange would probably make a great story so I accepted Cal's offer. "I'd love to get a load of your milk and farm," I said which made Cal laugh for some reason. "And I'd love to give you a load, so here come on" Cal said waiving me into the van. As I got into the passenger seat I marveled at how well kept everything was. As I was looking around Cal dug up a bottle from somewhere and handed it to me. "Drink up and see what all the fuss is about," Cal said putting the truck in drive and pulling out of the parking lot. Looking at the bottle it looked like a classic 1950s glass milk bottle with the words Futa Milk and some other basic information. Undoing the top I took a swig and was instantly surprised at the taste, it tasted like the sweetest richest milk I had ever had. The taste was amazing and before I could stop myself I had chugged the entire bottle. "Wow that was amazing, I can see what all the fuss is about thanks for the bottle. Now, Miss MacDonald, could you tell me a bit about your farm" I said getting out my note pad. "Well it's a small operation but we are looking to expand. Our process is highly specialized and something we don't think anyone will be able to copy. It is an old family recipe actually just scaled up a bit" She said while driving. "Here have another bottle on me," She said as we braked slowly at a stoplight. "I really shouldn't Miss MacDonald I don't want to impose," I said gently while trying to ignore my craving for more. "Please call me Cal, my grandmother was Miss MacDonald and don't worry these are leftover bottles. Besides I like watching you drink my milk" She said with a dazzling smile. "Well alright," I said caving as she gave me another bottle.

"So how cows do you have," I asked trying to ignore the fact I had just chugged another bottle without even breathing. "Oh none, our milk doesn't come from cows but still meets the standards for being called milk. As a side benefit, it is vegan, environmentally friendly, and all-natural" She said as we drove into the farmland surrounding town. "Oh wow that must really be some process then, how many people do you employ," I asked jotting details down. "Oh a few, we are understaffed as the process can be quite... intense but we are highly selective." She said handing me another bottle as we drove. I took it automatically as she handed it to me not sure if I wanted to drink it. Looking up at her smile I couldn't be rude though so I started slowly sipping it, by the third sip however I had chugged the entire thing. "My that one seemed a bit thicker than the earlier bottles," I said feeling a bit odd. "Anyway, what do you look for in a good candidate, can locals here look forward to new jobs," I asked trying to keep my head on straight. "Oh open-mindedness, ability to follow instructions, good endurance, the ability to work in a team often a tag team, the ability to communicate well and loudly, and well I know it when I see it" Cal said proudly. "Wow that doesn't sound too bad, those are all skills even I have but do I meet your criteria," I said laughing. Cal was silent and when I looked over at her she was staring at me intently for some reason "Not quite yet but I think you might soon with some training". I just laughed off her strange comment as we drove along letting the conversation lapse into silence.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)