More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by diaperslut diaperslut

Who is this new house mate? Sister, cousin, stranger, co-worker?

Supervisor (Nyia Winters; brown hyena)

I was greeted by a lovely brown hyena in black formal business attire. Across her left C-cup breast was a gold nametag that read "NYIA." She was a couple inches taller than me and fitter. There was a certain way she carried herself that made her seem professional and yet informal. For the brief moment before she saw me, there was a look that told me she didn't want to be here and was still cursing her bosses in her inner monologue. This felt like her first real field assignment. The formal attire, while she made it work, definitely wasn't her normal style. Her whole look reminded me of a gangster from one of those mobster movies, only her suit was lined in blue instead of red.

She straightened up a bit when she saw me, though. It was small, but there was a brief stumble for words behind her eyes as she looked me over in my tiny shorts and white shirt, but she quickly regained compuser like a boss. "Katherine Ringold?" she greeted in a surprisingly normal American woman voice. All the hyenas I have met are from Africa, and have various African accents. And with a name like Nyia, I just assumed she would, as well and I was visibly taken aback by the Americaness of it.

"Umm...yeah." I replied.

"I'm Nyia," she said pointing and looking briefly at her name tag. "Nyia Walters. I have been sent by OliviTech as your personal supervisor during your recovery."

It was definitely a practiced introduction. The nametag thing was her nervousness getting the better of her. She extended her hand at the end of it and I instinctively shook it. This definitely wasn't her idea which just made me respect her and feel sorry for her at the same time.

OliviTech was the tech company I worked for. We weren't massive. We're named for our CEO and founder, Olivia Raund. I had gotten hired on as a receptionist but I had just been promoted to fianance. It was at that moment I remembered seeing Nyia's name on the payroll list. And, as a good worker, I was trying to acquaint myself with all people whose money I was in charge of, and I had just read her file about a day before I collapsed.

Nyia was, I believe the second highest paid employee at the company. We make processors and Nyia is the bread and butter of the R&D. She's probably the smartest person at the company, too. However, her records also included several docts in pay for "unprofessional conduct." So many, that a normal person would probably have gotten fired by now, but she was too important to fire.

Even her school records were filled with reports of her behaving in "unlady like," "unsportsman like" and - my personal favorite - "too friendly" ways. Whatever that meant, our bosses clearly had enough and most likely gave her an ultimatum, babysitting me being the lesser of her consequences.

"The head of R&D my supervisor? What was the alternative?" I questioned.

She squirmed uncomfortably at that question, stuffing her hands in her pockets. "You know, I'd rather not talk about that. May I come in?"

"Sure. Can I get you anything? I got beer and soda in the fridge and coffee is percolating as we speak," I offered sliding inside.

"Probably not beer. As someone who works around circuitboards all day, soda is against my religion, so coffee would be wonderful, thanks," she commented as she stepped through the door, and tried shutting it and watching my ass at the same time.

Finding two clean cups was harder than I had planned, which gave Nyia a chance to survey the situation. "Nice place," she remarked, moving a box of books from a chair and sitting down.

"Sorry about the mess," I apologized, washing a cup while the coffee finished.

"Oh, this is actually cleaner than I expeceted. I was briefed on your situation and the fact you found some time to clean is impressive. Our company isn't...wonderful at time management. I've been with it since the start, so trust me. Plus, I've been in my place for three years and it still looks like this."

That brought up an interesting question. "So, what are you supposed to be supervising me on?" I asked, pouring the coffee and leaving it black. I've known too many tech people like her to put anything in her coffee.

Nyia pulled out her phone and flicked through a few menus. "I'm to..." There was a pause as she read the list of things. "babysit, basically. I need to make sure you're not overexerting yourself and I am supposed to help you relax. And I guess I could help you clean up."

I chuckled at the last bit. "Hey if you help me clean, I'll help you clean."

"That would be great, actually. You know, you're a LOT hotter than I pictured," she finally admitted.

"Thanks! Right back at ya, actually. Another area our company lacks is pictures of it's employees," I joked.

"No shit," she remarked.

There was a bit of silence as we drank our coffee. "So," I finally said after we finished and I took our cups to the kitchen, "Supervisor Nyia, what should we do first? Cleaning or is there something else you wanted to do before that?"

Cleaning or Something else?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)