More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Ranger92 Ranger92

You are...

Sun Ce, Grand Commander of the Gong Empire and the Tiger General of Jiandong

You are Sun Ce, the preeminent commander of the Gong dynasties expeditionary , and the tiger general of Jiangdong. Named for both your appearance and your prowess on the field of battle, you have been appointed by Emperor Gong Xian to lead an expedition to the Western lands across the sea and bring its riches back to the Empire. For many centuries what is now the Gong Empire was merely a collection of warring states always fighting over land and resources, powers would rise and fall but the eastern lands would never be unified. That was until the now Emperor Xian had, with your help united the warring states and brought peace and balance to his Empire and it was no surprise that soon after people began to worship the Emperor as a divine figure.

You had known Emperor Xian since childhood and the two of you ascended to power with him as Emperor and you his stalwart defender, Xian had natural charisma and had the intellect and compassion that had gathered him the support of the people but lacked a military mind and disliked the ruthlessness needed in war. This is where you came in, your lineage was filled with brilliant military genius and this pedigree passed on to you. The battlefield was your second home and with Xian at your side the two of you had raised a small army to fight for you. What was once a band of armed peasants turned into an elite and formidable army if well trained men. It took a decade of bloody warfare but the Empire had been united and now it would extend its power to the Western lands.

The Western lands did not often have any contact with the east both because of the constant wars and the fact many in the West saw easterners as monsters of some sort "beast men" was their term for you and as such trade and diplomacy even after being united was non-existent.

As you stared across the vast sea doubt gnawed at your mind, not since you were children had you been away from the Emperor. You were more than just his general, you were his bodyguard and more importantly his oldest friend. So why would he send you away? Had you offended him in some way? Did he fear you had grown too powerful? More thoughts pulled at your mind but you suppressed them as quickly as they came, the Emperor was your friend and would never betray you. Besides, Xian wouldn't give you such an elite if he thought you were a threat to him. Shaking your head you focus your gaze across the sea just in time to see the shore of the human lands come into view.

"Land spotted!" Cried a sailor perched in the crows nest and quickly unoccupied sailors and soldiers rushed topside to get a view of the land they would soon bring war to.

With any doubts squashed you retreated into your quarters,there was much planning to be done.

Planning

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)