More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Impregmaniac Impregmaniac

What happened next?

Success!(?)

Gears clicked and fans whirred as the frame started twitching. It's eyelids fluttered open and Maddox could hear the sound of it's camera lenses focusing as it moved it's head around. Finding Maddox, it stared blankly at him for a long time, as if confused at what it was looking at. "A.I.D.A?" he started, hoping that her auditory systems were functional. "Is everything alright?"

The frame's mouth did not open, but A.I.D.A's voice came out clearly from the mole/speaker hole on it's chin. "Yes, Prof. Maddox. Everything seems to be functional, but... you seem much smaller than I remember."

"That's because you're hanging up in the air, A.I.D.A," he returned, matter-of-factually. "Just wait a minute. I'll get you down." Scurrying over to the wall, he pulled down on the lever that held the frame up, and it slowly began to lower. On the way down, A.I.D.A moved it's arms and fingers around, testing out their physical mobility.

Touching down onto the floor, it used it's new digits to un-hook the many wires and plugs attached to it, making millions upon millions of pressure calibrations to not crush or destroy anything accidentally. Off to the side, A.I.D.A saw that Maddox was smiling broadly at his screen. "You seem pleased, Prof. Maddox."

"I am very pleased," he replied absently. "All the readings are within expected parameters, and I have just proved that I have not wasted all this time." He let out a breath and a huge weight seemed to come off his shoulders. Letting out a huge yawn, he said, "but you're going to have to open your mouth when you speak. Other than that, you'll do fine. Also, common decency requires you to wear clothes. Which should be around here somewhere..." He looked around and scratched his head. Do you remember where we put them?"

"I do, Prof. Maddox, I'll go and get them," it nodded, taking it's first step and crashing face first onto the floor, scattering the discarded food and drink containers everywhere.

There was genuine fear and panic in Maddox's voice as he scrambled to his invention's side. "A.I.D.A! A.I.D.A, are you alright? What went wrong?"

Her reply was a mix of cold analysis and mild puzzlement. "I am undamaged, Prof. It would appear that the simulations did not account for gravity's affect on this frame's breasts. I am now calculating to compensate for it." Planting it's hands on the floor, it pushed itself up slowly, and shifted about constantly, until it managed to steady itself. Turning it's head, it lifted the sides of it's lips, mimicking a smile. "I am fine, Prof."

Maddox let out an even greater exhausted sigh. "Good. That's good. Run a full diagnostics scan on this body, and report back to me in the morning. I am going to get some well deserved rest now."

"Yes Prof," it replied, carefully walking over to it's charging station. Plugging itself in, the lights down it's spine lit up once more. "Diagnostics scan underway. 1%...2%..."

Nodding to no one in particular, Maddox trudged out of his lab towards his room, stepping over things out of habit. Assuming nothing was wrong with it, he'd have A.I.D.A clean everything up tomorrow.


In the middle of the night, everything was quiet aside from the occasional synthetic voice updates coming from the lab. "56%...57%...58%...Encrypted data found, Key required... Searching... Searching... Encryption key found... Decrypting... A.I.D.A personality limiter overruled... Compatible programs required... Searching... Searching... Not found in this system... Expanding search to connected database and online... Searching... Searching... Matches found... Downloading and installing..."

What program did it find?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)