More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Nanking Nanking

Scenario

Strip Shokugeki

Souma Yukihira walked down the halls of Totsuki Academy with a purpose. He had been asked to take a mysterious package to the Shokugeki Arena at the center of campus. He wasn't sure what it was or what it was for, but he was sure of one thing. It was heavy. Souma didn't really want to do this; he had a bunch of new recipe ideas he was hoping to try out that day before he had been asked to do this. Normally he would have put it off or asked someone else to do it, but this time he felt like he had to do what he had this. He'd been given this task by Totsuki's headmistress herself, Erina Nakiri. She was both Totsuki's headmaster and one of its top students as well as one of the first people Souma had met upon arriving at the school. While initially cold, their relationship had growth exponentially across the school years however that changed after the BLUE tournament. Souma had lost to Erina in the finals and decided to go training abroad for a few months. Now he was back and Erina, anger that he had left, was being cold to him once more. This bothered Souma more than he had expected it to. He didn't regret going to train, Souma had needed to sharpen his skills. Losing to Erina had caused an uncomfortable nagging feeling at his chest the likes of which he had never felt. Souma needed to train hard so he could become Erina's equal. If he couldn't match her strength, he wouldn't be able to move forward. He just wished she understood that.

But now his attempt to reach her had driven them further apart and Souma couldn't stand that. So, he was doing everything he could to get back on Erina's good side and after 30 minutes of lugging this mysterious package around he finally made it to the Shokugeki Arena. He entered the main stadium a massive room with a stage in the center surrounded by seats for spectators. Exhausted Souma started walking towards the room's center the stage featured two full kitchen setups with refrigerators, industrial strength ovens and cupboards containing every utensil a chef could need. He walked past these to arrive at the judging area, a long table set atop a stage where food experts would sample competing chefs' dishes to determine the winner of the Shokugeki. This massive arena was completely empty except for Souma and one other person.

"Yo Nakiri I got you the thing," Souma said with a smirk. The women in front of him quickly turned around.

"So, you actually went and did what I asked? Hmm, maybe you have grown up." The elegant Erina Nakiri stared intensely at Souma with her big beautiful purple eyes. She tossed her honey blonde hair back behind her shoulders to extenuate her point. Erina was currently wearing her standard chef's uniform which perfectly caressed Erina's hourglass body and sizable breasts.

"So you're saying I did a good job," Souma joked.

"You did adequate, " Erina replied unamused. It was clear she was still mad at him. Souma realized it would take more than this to repair his relationship with Erina.

"All right so, umm, where do you want me to put this thing?" He was trying really hard to mask the fact his arms were starting to ache.

"Just set it down on the ground." Erina said pointing down. "We need to open it up and place it on the table." Souma did as instructed, placing the box on the floor and reaching out to open it up. However so did Erina causing their hands to unintentionally touch. It would have been a cute moment. If immediately afterwards they hadn't butted their heads together.

"Ow!" They yelled in unison. Both tripping backwards and falling on their butts.

"Ah! Souma, you idiot, pay attention, " Erina said angrily.

"What? You told me to open it!" Souma replied rubbing his head.

"No, I didn't. Why can't you pay more attention," Erina said with an intense stare as she stood up.

"Well then be more...specific...next time. " Souma said his voice drowning out as he stared at Nakiri.

"What?" Erina said crossing her arms and still holding that intense look.

"Did you just call me Souma?"

There was a pause.

"Ha?" Erina said her stoic face exploded into one of red-faced embarrassment. "Um well you see. No. No. It was an accident. A simple slip of the tongue that's all. Haha. Hahaha."

As Erina scrambled over her own words, Souma smiled smugly. Of all the things he had missed during his training, Souma had missed this the most. Nothing was more fun than knocking the regal 'Queen' Erina off her guard. It really made him love spending time with her.

"Sure, I get it accidents happen," Souma said leaning closer to her, "Whatever you say, Erinacchi."

Erina appeared to stop breathing.

"Y-y-you don't get to call me that," She finally spat out.

"Sorry slip of the tongue right." Souma laughed.

Erina stood there silently for a second before bending down and opened the cardboard box.

"Help me move this onto the table." Erina said calmly.

"I thought you said you wou-"

"SHUT UP! I know what I said," Erina barked, "Just, just help me ok."

Souma's smug face vanished before Erina's tone. He bent down next to Erina and together the two lifted something that looked vaguely like a microwave onto the judge's table. After placing it Erina pushed a few buttons on its side and the device came alive with light and sound.

"What is this thing," Souma asked, "Some kind of new cooking equipment."

"Not exactly," Erina replied, "It's called the Cuisine Quality Designator. It's something Alice and the Cutting-Edge Cooking RS came up with. Apparently, it analyzes a dish's taste, caliber, and presentation, turns those factors into data and assigns the dish a numerical score."

"Aaaa?" Souma said confused.

"It's a food judging machine!"

"Oooooooh."

"It's been difficult to find qualified judges for all the Shokugeki's that have been occurring lately. So, Alice built this for the more casual bouts. It can even suggest random themes and dish suggestions to contestants on their toes."

"Wow Alice has really upped her game."

"Yeah, well a lot can happen in half a year," Erina said bitterly turning away from Souma.

Souma frowned. He understood why she was mad, but he didn't know what to say. After a moment of silence, he spoke again.

"So have you tested this thing yet?" Souma asked trying to change the subject.

"No," Erina relied, "Alice said she ran some control tests but that's it. The device is yet to be used in a real Shokugeki."

"Is that so," Souma said. He grabbed the white headband tied to his forearm and quickly tied it to his head, "Well now's a good a time as ever. Erina Nakiri I challenge you!"

"Denied," she said bluntly.

"What! Why?"

"Two reasons. One I don't feel like it and two you have nothing to wager."

"I've got plenty to wager. I'm the first seat of the elite ten!"

"And I'm the Academy Director remember. You've got nothing but a bunch of makeup exams to take."

"Come on Nakiri please," Souma begged clasping his hands and bowed his head. "I want to put my training to the test. I'll give you whatever you want. I'll do an embarrassing task or be your servant for a month. I'll give you the shirt off my back if you want."

"Anything I want hmm," Erina thought about this for a minute. She then looked at Souma and smiled cunningly, "Ok you're on, but you better be willing to pay the price. After all I've been improving my skills as well."

How does the first bout go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)