More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by ldnldn ldnldn

What's next?

Steph and the dangers of gambling

The world of Disboard is quite a peculiar one. There isn't any war, any conflict of any kind, is forbidden by the laws of nature itself. Conflict is settled with magically enforced games and wagers.

Any person can challenge any other for whatever bet they want. If the other person accepts, the loser has but to comply. Literally, the magic makes it impossible to weasel out.

Stephanie Dola is one such inhabitant of this world. A cute young woman with blue eyes and silky red hair. As a member of the nobility, she usually moves with a certain air of grace, but the act tends to be short-lived, as it only lasts as long as her composure does.

She was the former crown princess of the kingdom of Elchea, although she lost her title in the succession games when her grandparent died. She doesn't have much luck winning games at all, and it comes at a great cost of pain and humiliation for her.

So, she had been training. Challenging random people to improve her skills.

She approaches you with a confident smile. “Hi, I'm Steph! Want to play a game? I need to hone my skills and get better.”

You shrug. “Sure, let's play scrabble. What do you want to bet?”

“How about the prize is that the loser has to tell one secret? Or maybe go somewhere wearing a funny hat?”

You recognize Steph. Yes, she is no longer the crown princess, but she is still nobility. She ought to have lands and lots of gold. This could be your big break. “How about we raise the stakes? Winner takes everything the loser has?”

“Hm, that is quite a heavy bet, but it doesn't matter because I will give it all to win this game. I'll start with the word Queen.”

You two play a short game of Scrabble, and you win 82 points to her 71. Steph looks crestfallen, her face losing color. “Well, this is a heavy loss for me. But I will comply with the bet and give my belongings to you. Let's see... my family's estate, the castle, my carriage, my clothes, my jewelry, everything...”

“I didn’t even know you had a castle!”

“Hmmm…” Steph replied, her eyes distant as her loss weights heavily on her mind. Nonetheless, she takes off her boots, dress, bodice, underwear, and jewelry before handing them over to you, as promised.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)