More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

Next Chapter

Start your paper route

Begrudging you step on your bike and make your way to the first location of your route. Everything is sorted according to that route, so if you miss a certain alley, your whole system is fucked up. Luckily, you put the map and list of addresses inside a plastic folder, making sure they won't soak in the rain.

Keeping the letters dry is another matter though, as the rain manages to soak every letter you get out of the bag and bring to the mail or letterbox. An hour into the route, an elderly lady opens the door in front of you as you're about to deliver the mail to her. You're about to greet her, but she looks at you so furious that you swallow your words.

'Is this supposed to be my mail?!' she shrieks, looking at the drenched mess of paper in your hands. 'What the fuck! How am I supposed to even read that?'

'I-I'm s-sorry m-m'am,' you stutter, part frightened and part freezing in the cold, wet rain. 'It's-s just that i-i-it's raining s-so hard.'

'Well cover the fucking letters then, you blithering idiot!' she raged on. 'Don't you have an umbrella or something?'

Shit. You hadn't thought of that, and now you look a complete fool. You're terrible at a shitty job. How low can you sink. 'I-I d-didn't think o-of that.' you manage to say.

She looks ready to hit you over the head with a frying pan, furious at your complete incompetence. 'Have you delivered this crap to the whole neighborhood?!'

'W-well, I just s-started actually, m'am.'

'Fuck me,' she sighs slapping herself on the forehead in exasperation. 'Take this umbrella, and get the hell out of my sight. I will spend the entire afternoon drying, then deciphering these...'

She hands you a large, black umbrella and closes the door before you can stutter a 'thank you'. Frightened, ashamed, and finally enraged, you walk back to your bike like it's an emotion per step. This bitch has seriously rattled you.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)