More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by OneInchDestruction OneInchDestruction

Which tale will Jaune recount?

Start normal, the legend comes to life

To start off, Jaune remembered how he started off when he realised he was the Rusted Knight from Luis' story. A realisation that was cemented as truth when he met Alyx and Luis, but even before then, the Ever After's wild world had a cryptic, yet in-your-face way of hinting at who you are. For Jaune, it all began when he befriended Juniper, petting the Jackalope and creating a bond that would last beyond realms.

That moment was interrupted when the two were transported to a large, void filled with pleasantly warm fire and a mysterious, feminine voice calling out to him.

It spoke "Ahh~ You seem lost. And in need of direction." This voice spoke, Jaune now knew this was the Blacksmith, but not at this time.

Jaune replied hesistantly, "Umm? I guess? What is this place?" Looking around at what was basically a smithy or a forge. But still, he saw no one, hence he kept walking with Juniper towards the flame as it was the only thing his eyes could see.

The Blacksmith giggled like a mother, "Hehehe~ My such a bright soul~ It's delightful to have creations like yourself who have endless possibilities~!" Remarking Jaune's potential for many destinies. For Jaune however, he dimmed "I... I'm not so sure. Everywhere I go, I end up back at square one. It-It's like I'm not meant to go anywhere!" he cried his frustrations.

He somehow felt the Blacksmith's pity, "Hhmmm~ How unfortunate. I can see your heart has been wounded, your uncertain about your future." Hammering it right on the nail.

Jaune looked at his broken blade, "I want to be the Hero. But I destroyed what I wanted to protect more than I saved." And he wanted to stop making those mistakes.

The Blacksmith replied, "I know." Getting Jaune's attention. "Despite your torn soul, your heart is still strong in the path it's chosen." The flame Jaune and Juniper were nearing parted into a bright white doorway of light. Looking to Juniper, he hopped onto her back before she began trotting ahead.

"That's why, I believe~ You need a bit of guidance. A point in the right direction." Jaune and Juniper stepped through the white light, allowing it to envelop themselves. Once they were through, they were met with the sight overlooking a lush, colourful landscape of purples and spiraling flora. Spotting a few unique creature in Jaune's eyes at least.

"Wow~~" The knight gasped at the sight, for the past 7 months, he had never managed to leave the coastal areas. Despite his grieving, he allowed himself some small joy at making some progress.

The Blacksmith's voice made him focus, "I'm glad you like it." Hear voice began to fade away, but before she could she told him.

"The Ever After is a big place. I suggest you become well acquainted with your companion during your travels." Her words causing Jaune to pet Juniper's neck much to her delight.

She continued, "How and when you choose to discover yourself? That, that is up to you." The blacksmith's words for some reason made Jaune sit up tall upon Juniper, his mighty Jackalope. His Aura along with some other energy he was slowly adapting to, unique to the Ever After, began to flare up.

And her final words, "Go on~ Let your legend come to life~!" looking forward to what possibilities the Knight.... the Rusted Knight can become.

With that, Jaune made Juniper rally on her rear legs, both crushing down and off into the Ever After. The Blacksmith was right, now was the time to do something, the time to become the man he needed to be.

Author's Note

This adventure is heavy inspired by Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Many of Jaune's adventures in this branch of the story will have a lot events and inspiration for Jaune's stories as I felt Rusted Knight Jaune and Venom Snake shared a very similar journey

Both had spent a lot of time in a hostile environment and many of their journeys have been lost to time. As well as carrying the name, of someone they struggle to live up to.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)