More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Enfforlife Enfforlife

How does she get her powers?

Speed; Meteorite Fumes

Mackenzie wasn’t just gifted, perhaps not always at least. An extremely convenient series of events happened at 8:00 on a Tuesday. While trying to unsnag her bathrobe from a rose bush outside her home, a meteor landed just a few yards away, into the neighbor’s lawn. Knocked back from the sudden momentum, Mack’s body absorbed an incredible amount of the fumes resonating from the fallen space rock. As she woke up the next morning her new powers were conceived. When she checked to see about the meteor, it’d disappeared completely without a trace to its existence besides the bathrobe still caught in the bush. Unknown to Mackenzie, CIA operatives had extracted the meteorite for examination, hence the coverup.

Her inexplicable speed boost made her a low budget “Flash,” though due to unfortunate circumstances, the nickname would often appear despite her having an actual superhero name. Mackenzie, known to the public as Velocity Girl, was called by many in her early days as “The Flash” simply due to her inexperience with her famed powers leading to at least partial nudity every time. See, Mack had learned how to pick the right moment to use her super speed, but lacked the ability to control herself around other objects. It usually seemed like the side effects outweighed the awesomeness of her abilities.

When she began her hero work, she literally ran out of her own clothes, leaving them completely destroyed more often than not. As she grew more accustomed to her speed’s effect on her clothing, she learned to be mindful of her clothing’s position on her so she wouldn’t tear through it the second she began running.

The next problem to face was the friction put on her clothes. If they weren’t pulled apart instantly, they’d otherwise burn up. Not only would overcoming this allow her her privacy, but also better running form.

Currently she only has one problem facing her clothing-wise, and she has yet to discover it. Her speed affects her surroundings sometimes. This means that when she subconsciously uses her powers or abruptly stops them without thinking about other things still under its effect, it speeds up their own properties. A bikini for instance could slip right off her due to having been untied over extensive periods of time cramped into a few seconds.

When do we see her?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)