More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by depravedDays depravedDays

Which of these routes do you choose?

Sovereign Reality and Perspective Magic

Hello, my name is Edward. People call me Eddie.

Eddie Weisshart. Nice to meet you.

I am a Mage. At your service.

I just turned 20 years old this year, and it is my third year being a Fairy Tail guild member.

What? How did I get into such a prestigious guild, you ask?

Eh, I basically walked in the front door and asked to join. I remember there was like a big fight in the middle of the guild hall. People were watching and jeering. I just asked there and then for them to let me in, and everyone stopped what they were doing for a second and said in unison, “Sure! Welcome to Fairy Tail!”

Then they went back to fighting and jeering.

And just like that, I joined one of the most prestigious guilds ever. Of course there was paperwork and shit involved after that, but don’t sweat the small stuff.

Oh right, I forgot to mention. I am a Sovereign Reality and Perspective Mage. I know, I know. That’s quite a mouthful. And guilty! I made that name up. But sorry not sorry, y’know? What’s the point of being a mage if you can’t make up your own magic names?

So what my magic does is basically in the name. I can control reality and I can control people’s perceptions. And I can do it on a universal level. Pretty abstract, I know, but that’s what makes it so powerful.

I try not to use the reality magic too much. It really fucks up the fabric of the universe. However, just yesterday, I decided to have a go at it and adjusted the ages of my guild members to be comfortably in my preference zone. That means everyone is now at least 18 to mid 20s.

I imagine you must think that there would be an uproar at the guild with people growing older or younger all of a sudden. Here is where my sovereign perception magic comes in handy. It is a completely passive skill. Basically, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, will conveniently update their perspectives to be in line with whatever I want.

For example, if I turned all of the world’s dogs to chocolate with my reality magic. Everyone in the world would immediately think that dogs had always been chocolate. I can even use the perspective magic without using the reality magic. For example, if I went up to Gray and told him he was a dog while using my perspective magic, Gray would completely believe that he is a dog and so would the rest of the world. Gray could strip and go piss on a tree on the other side of the globe and the people there who has never met him before will not see a naked man pissing on a tree. They will totally see a dog.

I know. This is powerful shit. I’m basically God Tier here.

Anyways, truth be told, I’ve actually been with the guild for far longer than 3 years. And life has been pretty eventful. Like, I’m not even gonna go fully into it. Who has the time?

There was that ancient wizard, what’s his name? Beret? Zeret? Zeref? Yeah, who cares. Then there was an evil black dragon, then a whole bunch of shit happened with dark guilds etc. and there was END this and END that and turns out Natsu was END. What a lazy plot twist. After that, more yada-yada-yada, and done. Natsu and friends then decided to fuck off and go on a hundred year quest and shit.

Which brings us to today.

This is where you go, but Eddddiiiiee… it hasn’t even been a hundred years!

Have you even been listening? I’m the sovereign of reality biatch! I was totally there with the guild from beginning to end. As a result, you can say I am absolutely fed up with world ending scenarios by now. Like Jeezus. How long and convoluted does these people’s life need to get, y’know?

Anyway, some months ago, I was like, fuck this! I was just a simple kid with God like powers who just wanted to join a guild and do guild stuff. I didn’t sign up to save the world.

So I used my reality powers to restore the world and return us to a normal-ass guild. Natsu and pals were back doing simple quests, the world was mostly peaceful, and I am just a third-year guildmember who had just turned 20-years-old last week. Hell I even resurrected Mavis and a bunch of people all for the sake to return to some semblance of normality.

So basically, I am a goddamn hero okay? I saved the world by normalizing it. I SAVED THE WORLD. Not Fairy Tail, and definitely not Natsu and friends. Shit, if you think about it, they were the cause of most of the shit getting blown out of proportion anyway.

So how’s life?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)