More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Wyvvernn Wyvvernn

Does Helen read the spell?

Something goes wrong

"Well, you going to read it?" Adam teased.

"Yes, yes one second. I got this," Helen said, focusing one the spell.

As she started to read it, the room started to darken for a moment before suddenly stopping. Helen finished reading the spell, but nothing happened. Adam looked around for something and Helen appeared to simply be waiting.

"That was kind of spooky," Adam said. "But I don't think it did anything."

"Yeah, I felt a tugging but then nothing," Helen replied, looking back down to the book. "Let me try again."

Helen once again read the spell out loud. The result happened again, leaving the couple once again spooked, but with nothing happening. Helen grunted in frustration before stepping out from behind the desk to pace the room. Meanwhile, Adam looked closer at the book. Beforehand, he had mostly been joking about it. However, this book was intriguing him now. Clearly, it did something, but something was wrong.

"Ugh, I don't know what's going wrong," Helen growled.

Seeing Helen's famous anger start to flare up, Adam decided it was best to defuse the situation for now. As interesting as this was, he didn't want her to get too angry with it. So he decided to suggest trying it tomorrow.

"How about we take a look at it tomorrow and just go to bed for now," Adam said. "Besides, I have a little bit of work to finish up tonight. I can knock that out and join you in bed. Hows that sound?"

Helen sighed but then nodded her head in agreement. She walked out of the room, heading down the hall to the bedroom. Adam took one last look at the book, memorizing the spell and thinking about it. With that, he moved it aside, pulling out his laptop to work on it now in the study.

Admittedly, he did work on his upcoming project for his job, but the entire time Adam was thinking about the book and the spell. Because of this, his short project seemed a lot longer. It took nearly two hours to finish. Thirty minutes in, he had heard Helen head to bed and the door close behind her. He hoped that he didn't accidentally wake her.   

With his project done, at least for now, he looked over once again at the book.

"What if she was saying it wrong," Adam muttered to himself. "Maybe that's the issue."

Adam once again pulled the book to the center stage, closing his laptop and dropping it into his work backpack. Reading it over once again, Adam wondered if maybe Helen has simply made a mistake in pronunciation. The curiosity was killing him as he poured over it and identified several possible mistake areas. With some certainty, Adam realized he had figured it out. He stood to go tell Helen, but immediately realized that if he told her and she tried it again, she'd be furious. Being woken up to do something wrong, was probably not a great idea.

"Then I'll try it to see if it works first," Adam said, taking a seat. "Then I can let her know how to say it all."

With that decided, Adam cleared his throat before reciting the spell. The same thing happened as the room darkened, however, Adam felt the tugging this time. As he finished the spell, he felt himself get launched up into the air. He quickly scrambled to catch himself, but however found that he was floating instead. Below him, his body was slumped in the chair. It had worked.

"Oh cool!" Adam said, and realized his voice still made noise. "That has gotta be a weird one for people. I should go wake Helen and tell her I figured it out."

As he started to float back down to his body, a thought crossed his mind. He had this now. What if he tried it out on her. His girlfriend's sleeping body was right down the hall. He figured out the spell, might as well have some fun with it.

What does Adam do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)