More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Nyxeria Nyxeria

Who are you?

Someone New

"Long ago, the Weaver awoke alone in darkness, and she was afraid. All she had was her needle and her thoughts. Terrified of the nothingness beyond her and drowning in loneliness, she gathered her emotions and spun them into thread. With this thread and her needle, she sewed her thoughts together, creating the first world, and saving herself from oblivion."

"Awaken."

You try to open your eyes, only to discover that you have none. You're aware this should probably concern you, but considering you've only been self aware for a few moments you're trying to keep an open mind.

"Awaken."

A voice calls out, and you know it's meant for you. Trying to reach out to it you find yourself immediately exhausted and trembling, as much as a disembodied mind can tremble. You can't reach the voice like this. You need to become complete first. You reach out as far as you can, sending tendrils of thought in all directions. You are flooded with sensations as you discover that there are free floating emotions all around you. Focusing, you try to catalog the feelings around you.

The first is soft and clear, a warm miasma that you can only describe as clean. It is inviting, almost beckoning you to it, although something about it seems stifling.

Next, you feel a sharp hunger writhing on itself. You recoil from it, and you feel a wave of what can only be laughter coming from the mass, which seemingly has a playful side.

Again you reach out, this time finding a burning desire that tries to hold onto you before you slip from its grasp. This one is simple, it's a persistent and aggressive pride that seeks to prove itself.

You nearly miss the next, it is quiet and patient, merely presenting as a ripple through your mind. Whether it is hiding or simply peaceful, you couldn't guess.

Lastly, as you settle back into yourself, you feel that there is something behind you, as much as anything can be in this sightless void. You feel it, breathing, watching, waiting. You shiver, whatever this is it is dark, oppressive, and powerful. You feel dread, and know that if you turn to look upon it, you will never be able to escape.

"Awaken. Awaken now, or you will be lost."

The time has come to choose what is important to you.

What do you do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)